This is a question that I've answered so many times lately I thought I'd take a moment and give you all my perspective on the matter.

I todays marketplace it's become increasingly difficult to offer a new production line into the wholesale market place. One of the reasons so many people fail in doing this is ego. Allot of people that have been shooting for around a year are the biggest culprits of thinking that they can make thousands upon thousands of dollars in the wholesale market if they package their films and sell them to stores. Never once thinking this is a business.

I've had a few people come to me saying that they think that they should be selling 2 to 3 thousand copies of every title they film because of their traffic.wanting me to take their line because of all the good things they've heard. Sadly this isn't the case for most.The wholesale market place is a very competitive entity that requires highly skilled individuals with every connection available for this market.

Unless someone has the ability to finance and market their films along with their distributor it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. When a studios represented by a distributor that carries more than 20 other studios then they shouldn't wonder why they aren't selling thousands of pieces.

I recommend this for anyone with in the GWW viewing area. Keep your content where it is unless you have strong ties in the wholesale community. Don't allow your ego to insist on spending money and time you really don't have. if you insist on getting involved in wholesale anyway...try and attach your line onto another popular line in the same type of genre. In other words swallow your ego a bit and release under a well known label as a new director for them. This way if in fact you do have something that can do well wholesale you won't have to spend thousand of dollars and hundreds of hours to get nowhere. Several people in the strait film world (adult) have gone about doing things this way and some make it...some don't. Everyone though will back up the fact that if they didn't direct for another studio label then they never would have been discovered in the first place. Sometimes we have to invest in ourselves and not try and force our way to success. With so much product available on the market and more coming every day it seems...people have to live in the reality of todays market, and reality is unless you have incredible footage, your just another pervert trying to make a buck.:bananacock: