Thread: 10.5

TopBucks_Juan

Did anyone watch that 10.5 mini-series movie Sunday night on NBC? If you did tell me what you think...My partner and I watched it and I thought the acting was terrible and some of the special effects were so 70's. LOL

randy
    I only watched after the sopranos and yes it was a dog! It did however make me laugh....I have to say my fave 70's disaster flick is 'The Towering Inferno". Now that's a disaster flick!

Ounique
    I love disaster movies and I thought the special effects were pretty good. The thing I didn't like was that they tried to make the boring parts more exciting by using MTV style filming and editing. Two people would be talking and the camera was doing all these quick zooms in and out, shaky hand-held shooting to make it all documentary looking. It just gave me a headache. But I was diggin' it. Plus it was nice to see John Schnieder again after all these years (I used to loooove The Dukes of Hazzard). I can't wait until tonight's finale when LA bites the big one. I got my popcorn and Ben & Jerry's ready!!!

Scorpio
    man that sucked! Acting was terrible! A whole town is gone and it was like nothing for that little bitch and her father. I liked the effects though... those are the only thing that kept me awake.

Really... those people don't act like they're supposed to act if it was true. I'm just gonna wait for the 10.5 quake and turn that shit off

Ounique
    LOL! You know, the acting was pretty bad. Like when the Golden Gate Bridge was collapsing and the reporer was so unenthused, "the the bridge... it's collapsing... what a tragedy". LOL! I'd be crapping my pants "OH MY GOD!!! AAAHH". I guess that's why I'm not a reporter. LOL!!!

TopBucks_Juan
    I like disaster movies as well, but sometimes I think the only reason they show them is to keep us in horror all the time and afraid to live our lives to the fullest. But fortunatly some folks can see right through it and not let things like that bother them.

Like when I was younger, I saw the Jaws Movies...and I was terrified of the ocean and going to the beach. But now that I am older...shit like that just doesn't bother me. But I know some folks that watch like earthquake movies or tornado movies, they move from those states that have those types of natural disaters. I say if something is going to happen to me it's gonna happen. Don't live your life in fear.
    Last edited by TopBucks_Juan; 05-03-2004 at 01:49 PM.

Ounique
    You know, Juan, I'm from the Pittsburgh area, and my parents always told me they liked living there because there weren't problems like tornados or earthquakes. Well, about a year I moved away, I was at work on the 15th floor of an office building in downtown Pittsburgh when a tornado hit. Downtown is built on a triangle where two rivers meet and become a third. So our floor had a beautiful view of the hills on either side of the two rivers. I was sitting there doing my work when next thing I knew, a funnel cloud ran across the top of one of the hills, taking chunks of several homes with it. And it came totally out of nowhere. So it just proves that things can happen no matter where you live. So why worry about it.

I have a morbid love of disaster movies. I think they make them a little cheezy on purpose so people don't get that freaked out.

Ounique
    I can't believe I wasted 4 hours on that drek!!! Grrrrr.

The first half wasn't bad thinking about how cool the second half was gonna be. But the second half sucked so bad, I wish I had paid admission just so I could ask for my money back!!!

They only showed LA getting it for a few seconds, and they showed every second of it in the commercials. All the action took place in some evacuation camp. C'mon people! I wanted to see the Chinese Theater leveled! The Capitol Records tower toppled (they could have even used stock footage from Earthquake, I wouldn't have minded)! Where was the red carpet at the Kodak, up in flames? Venice Beach underwater? I'm telling you, these people need a crash course in how to make a disaster film. Okay, I'm calling all the execs and making them sit through a marathon of The Posideon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, all of the Airport movies (even the one with Charo), and Volcano (starring the incomparable Tommy Lee Jones) just for good measure. At least we got to see the LaBrea Tar Pits bite it in that one.

Okay, I'm done ranting. And if the "big one" really hits LA when I'm asleep tonight, just remember, this was a joke. I didn't really want to see this happen in 3D. LOL!!!

Bell
    Originally posted by Ounique

The first half wasn't bad thinking about how cool the second half was gonna be. But the second half sucked so bad, I wish I had paid admission just so I could ask for my money back!!!

They only showed LA getting it for a few seconds, and they showed every second of it in the commercials. All the action took place in some evacuation camp. C'mon people! I wanted to see the Chinese Theater leveled! The Capitol Records tower toppled (they could have even used stock footage from Earthquake, I wouldn't have minded)! Where was the red carpet at the Kodak, up in flames? Venice Beach underwater? I'm telling you, these people need a crash course in how to make a disaster film. Okay, I'm calling all the execs and making them sit through a marathon of The Posideon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, all of the Airport movies (even the one with Charo), and Volcano (starring the incomparable Tommy Lee Jones) just for good measure. At least we got to see the LaBrea Tar Pits bite it in that one.

Okay, I'm done ranting. And if the "big one" really hits LA when I'm asleep tonight, just remember, this was a joke. I didn't really want to see this happen in 3D. LOL!!!

well.... at least it gave you something to LOOK at while you
    ate your popcorn and Ben & Jerry's...

by the way - - - have you ever tried popcorn flavored ice cream ??

I haven't but I know that it is out there....

~Bell

Ounique
    Popcorn flavored ice cream??? Um... no. I don't think I would like that. The theaters I've been to lately have this new thing on the sides of popcorn boxes where they encourage you to buy candy and dump it into the popcorn for a tasty treat. Ugh. I think I'll pass.

TopBucks_Juan
    Originally posted by Ounique

My thoughts exactly. We pointed out the same things like the used earthquake footage and the ending just sucked.

Ounique
    You said it Juan. I was a lot more optimistic after the first installment. But the second one was so bad that it ruined the whole thing for me. Oh well, back to the drawing board, LOL!