Thread: seminars or just parties?

seminars or just parties?

When you go to a show, do you go to any scheduled seminars or do you just go to the parties?

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    I say go to a mix of both. In the seminars you can always learn some new things, or get some questions answered that you had, and at the parties, you can have a little fun, and meet some new people.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Gay is the new Black
    Not yet gone to a show but I think, once I do, I'll try to pick the less "party" parties that have a social value and less drink, drank, drunk feel.

And seminars that have a content value of what I'm working on or will effect the overall process.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Over the years ive usually done a good mix of both at the shows however, you should try and pick seminars that are of interest to you rather than trying to go to all of them.

For example, content and traffic are panels that pretty much every show has and, in my experience, every show the same information gets given out as what was given at the last show.

A lot of seminars really are geared towards newer webmasters, who most of the time, dont even attend the shows.

On the party front, i have found the events that arent drug or beer crazed i actually end up walking away with more business from, for obvious reasons, than their counterparts.

One other thing i always try to do at the show is find someone relatively new to the industry and introduce them to as many people as possible, not only will you be opening doors for that person, you'll also be opening doors for yoruself, plus it feels great knowing you helped someone out too

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    One other thing i always try to do at the show is find someone relatively new to the industry and introduce them to as many people as possible, not only will you be opening doors for that person, you'll also be opening doors for yoruself, plus it feels great knowing you helped someone out too

Regards,

Lee
    And that you did admirably when we came down a few years back!

And he's right Luke, pick what seminar you feel you most want to attend, but you'll find most biz gets done hanging around the pool or hotel lobby.

nice reply Lee, very good advice. thank you!!!