Thread: when to switch to pps

when to switch to pps

revshare is most common for new programs, at what point do you decide you can "afford" a pay per sale option?

Gay is the new Black
    I would think, once your retain people 3 and 4 months at a time with little to no extra work in your process.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Some sites could go from revshare to PPS within 3 months of opening however, the plan that i am working on is to launch another program that is purely PPS from the beginning.

That way you dont have to worry about affiliates rebills being 'lost' when you make the switch to PPS from revshare

Regards,

Lee

it would be good to hear from anyone who has arleady done this switch to see if it really adds anything to the bottom line as a program owner

Baghdad Bob
    go to pps when you know you can make enough from the consoles and upsels inside the site to cover even if you dont retain members or use what pridebucks does and payout 103% of the initial sale as a per singup without rebillings

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Luke,

It's not really a matter of JUST retention. It's all about the x-sells, email addys, exits, and such that make PPS owners money. And of course the upsells in the members areas and the cancel discounts.

It's really hard to get the big fish to do PPS w/o a trial.

If you kept you sites at $30, I don't see a problem offering $30-$35 a signup. You may get more webmasters promoting. But still not the big fish.