Thread: Microsoft Windows Vista Labelling Question

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Microsoft Windows Vista Labelling Question

Does anyone know what the difference between the following two graphics are (if any?)

Im assuming there are no differences right now and its just a different way of saying that software works with Windows Vista but i want to make sure before i go ahead and use them on a couple of designs im working on.

Anyone know if there is a difference between the two or not?

As far as i can tell there really isnt any difference between the two.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    You get "Certified" if you pass their test I think.
    So unless you applied for that use the one that says "works with".

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i dont see anything :shades:

meh
    now i do

certified means approved by Microsoft for Vista i.e. the drivers for the hardware have been test by MS themselves

I think

From Wikipedia

Companies interested in participating in this certification should review the following criteria.

The application must install using an MSI or ClickOnce Installer. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
    Applications must meet the basic certification criteria outlined in this document. Eligibilty Document

Have your engineers review the following two documents to identify if your application can meet the certification criteria.

Test Cases These are the tests your application must pass.

Waivers These test cases are eligible for waivers as specified in this document. No other test cases are eligible for waivers, do not assume they will be granted.

WHQL Testing

Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing or WHQL Testing is a testing process which involves running a series of tests on third-party (i.e. non-Microsoft) hardware or software, and then submitting the log files from these tests to Microsoft for review. The procedure may also include Microsoft running their own tests on a wide range of equipment, like different hardware and different Microsoft Windows editions.

For device drivers passing the WHQL tests, Microsoft creates a digitally signed certification file that, when included in the driver installation package, prevents Windows Vista from displaying a warning message that the driver has not been certified by Microsoft. Device drivers that have passed the WHQL tests are also made available for download using Windows Update.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    Right i saw that earlier and all the info on there seems to say 'if it works on Vista then you can use either' LOL

The application im developing does work on Vista as thats what im currently using so i guess i could use either graphic, i mean, how much more certified can you get than it actually working [shrug]

Regards,

Lee