Thread: Converting Videos

MyMuscleCash

Converting Videos

What programm do you use, to convert videos? We are getting crazy at the moment with converting the videos into WMV. We did not find a good tool to do so, it always looks shitty.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sorenson Squeeze.

Via Yasa DVD to Mpeg.

I find that works best and i have a 'system' so that while one is running through Yasa, the previous one is encoding in Sorenson

Regards,

Lee

your problem could be the program you use, but it could be that you don't know how to change the settings.

i've had good results converting to WMV with sony vegas, sorenson squeeze and video cleaner (the program from river past, not the premiere thing). with these programs you are in complete control of the quality of your videos. if you need to batch encode, there's sorenson and i've heard good things about canopus procoder.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    canopus procoder.
    Never heard of that one before going to check it out now

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Canopus is a major competitor to Sorenson, but my own experience with it was that, compared to Sorenson, it was clunky and it seemed to be a resource hog.

They may have cleaned it up since then, I last tested it a year or two ago.

And I am having some weird issues with Sorenson (4.5) right now, but I think it's due to some update that Microsoft pushed to XP, because it was working on the two machines we have it installed on, and all the sudden it broke.

I said Cha Cha Heels... Black Ones!!!
    We use Vegas Video for editing, but we use Digitaql Rapids Cards and their AMAZING software Streams for our WMV conversion, the software does realTime conversion and it does it with 4 differnet profiles (256k, 512k, 1024k & 1500k) I would recommend this software/hardware solution to anyone. It is expensive at first, but the time you save encoding is worth it. We have 4 machines with the card/software combo and also do encoding services and LOVE them, if anyone wants more into please contact me @ chris@buzzwest.com
    Chris
    chris@buzzwest.com

BuzzWestCash - Featuring The Hottest Military Men On The Net

Refer an Affiliate and Earn 10% On All Of Their Sales - Sign Up Today!

Another option:
    A couple of the content delivery networks have integrated transcoding engines into their systems - upload the content to the interface, and it automatically transcodes the video into multiple formats and sizes of your choice - then stages the videos for streaming or download.

Transcoding, asset management and CDN in one service package.
    Cool service and priced as a monthly service fee with the delivery.
    Gary
    CCBill