Thread: Does A Paysites TLD Matter?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does A Paysites TLD Matter?

I was just curious to see what you folks thought about this question, do you think running a paysite on a certain extension actually matters?

For example, .com vs. .co.uk or .net?

What about country specific TLDs .ca for example?

Are you more likely to promote a programs offerings if they are using one TLD over another?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I think, in my opinion, that country name extensions, like co.uk or ca would be of benefit only for your location, as it applies to the SE. While it would also be included in the main SE indexes, country specific would be competing with only those in that country, appearing on that country's index in perhaps a higher ranking. if any of that made sense... :innocent: I guess what I am trying to say, is that country specific domains stand a better chance of ranking higher in that specific countries SE index.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

marcjacob
    Sadly yes it matters. Ive seen many narrow minded people stating that will "only trust a .com" obviously thinking that mean USA based - which it doesnt at all.

I can think of a few reasons for going with a different TLD:
    - if you are doing something that is specific to your country then the country tlds work best, eg, orange.co.uk
    - if you have a killer domain name that is on a different tld and can brand it then you will be good, eg, bareback.ca
    - if you are doing something specific to seo marketing, eg using domain.net to market domain.com
    - if you are using a domain commonly associated to the type of site you are building, eg, abc.tv

Otherwise, I believe people will always tend to go to the .com site.