Thread: Do "page peels" actually draw clicks?

marcjacob

Do "page peels" actually draw clicks?

As they are out of the way with regards to where the surfer normally looks.

Xstr8guy
    I think they are very clever. And anything different will draw clicks.

But Lee's new page peel confuses IE7. If I accidentally roll over it on my way to the scrollbar, the page stops loading and I have to refresh to see the other posts on the page.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    But Lee's new page peel confuses IE7. If I accidentally roll over it on my way to the scrollbar, the page stops loading and I have to refresh to see the other posts on the page.
    Really? Thats interesting because im on IE 7 and havent had any problems viewing them even when i was testing them out by running my pointer over them real quick back and forth, even when a page was loaded.

Does anyone else have this problem with the page peel ads?

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    As they are out of the way with regards to where the surfer normally looks.
    Marc,

Yes they do, there has been lots of research done on this in mainstream and over the last 36 hours, the affiliates who have implemented them on their sites, have sent more hits to the Condom Cash sites they were promoting than what they usually would send.

As you say, its not where a surfer would normally look for an ad, its something unique and, it doesnt take away from your existing ad spots so there is no reason why everyone shouldnt be using the new hosted page peels on their sites, it really is like 'found' sales

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Really? Thats interesting because im on IE 7 and havent had any problems viewing them even when i was testing them out by running my pointer over them real quick back and forth, even when a page was loaded.

Does anyone else have this problem with the page peel ads?

Regards,

Lee
    It's only when I roll over them while a thread is loading. It stops the page from fully loading.

It's only when I roll over them while a thread is loading. It stops the page from fully loading.
    I guess im dumb because i dont know what you mean then LOL

As is ay ive tried various ways to see if they stop a page loading and so far im unable to duplicate the error

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I guess im dumb because i dont know what you mean then LOL

As is ay ive tried various ways to see if they stop a page loading and so far im unable to duplicate the error

Regards,

Lee
    Let me explain in great detail.

In IE7 (not Firefox), when I click on a thread topic with lot's of posts, As the thread is loading, I normally move my mouse quickly to the upper right of my screen to the scrollbar to zoom down to the bottom of the page to read the most recent responses (I'm impatient, ).

If I happen to roll over your page peel with my mouse pointer by accident on my way to the scroll bar, the thread stops loading.

It's not a huge deal. I just refresh the page. And I bet 99% of the people will never notice. To duplicate my problem, you'd have to move quickly. I'm just an anxious surfer... I never wait for a page to load before I'm reading or looking for something on the screen. I'm always trying to hurry up the process.

Ah okay, well the simple solution is dont be so impatient LOL

Seriously though, ill check it out in the morning to see if there is anything that can be done about that for ya

I do appreciate the heads up buddy

Regards,

Lee

I use them ... the only down side is they stop any animated .gifs from working on the page as soon as you touch it ... My solution... don't use it on the same page as animated banners

http://www.cumpackers.com/Gay-Cum-Fetish.html

Domain inventory sale.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    I use them ... the only down side is they stop any animated .gifs from working on the page as soon as you touch it ... My solution... don't use it on the same page as animated banners

http://www.cumpackers.com/Gay-Cum-Fetish.html
    I couldn't get your page to stop loading. Is your javascript code further down in your html or is it near the top? Or maybe it's because you page loads faster than a long board thread.

I couldn't get your page to stop loading. Is your javascript code further down in your html or is it near the top? Or maybe it's because you page loads faster than a long board thread.

Sorry missed this... I put it at the top... but the other thing is ... my pages are html and only 'pulling' that single page ... a messageboard is 'pulling' loads of info from several folders while it loads...including style sheets, recent post logs, users online etc etc ... so it would probably be alot easy to 'freeze' it during that process.

Just FYI: If you watch all our sigs stop motion once you roll over the peel ad.
    Domain inventory sale.