Thread: Have You Ever Done A Chargeback?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Have You Ever Done A Chargeback?

If so why and what was it for?

I can honestly say i have only ever done 1 chargeback and that was for a content purchase that never materialized a few years ago.

Ordered a couple of hundred bucks worth of content from this company (they are no longer around) waited a week for a download link.. it never came so i charged back

Also, under what circumstances do you think a chargeback is warranted?

Regards,

Lee

RainGurl
    I have never charged back, but I have threatened. Usually, that does the trick, especially in this industry.
    I have seen many cases where people are roped into paying for things after they cancel, etc. and companies with poor customer service. If you are fraudulently charged or simply cannot get a hold of a live person to discuss the charge, then I think you are justified in charging back.

Darren Austin
    I have never done a charge back , but god knows I have thought about it! I might be charging AOL back if they don't stop billing me for something that I canceled a long time ago.

MacDaddy
    I am going to charge back ARS. I joined with a test sign up under my account. I then asked for the sale to be taken back and cancel my subscription. I even clicked on the cancel link just in case. Well i just noticed the other day that I've been charged every month for the last 6 months!! fuckers!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by MacDaddy
    I am going to charge back ARS. I joined with a test sign up under my account. I then asked for the sale to be taken back and cancel my subscription. I even clicked on the cancel link just in case. Well i just noticed the other day that I've been charged every month for the last 6 months!! fuckers!
    LOL Just admit it..

You've been saving your membership to Breathless Boys all these months

Im sure once Amber sees your post she will get it sorted for you

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I have.
    Against LAFitness a few years ago. I had a gym membership with them but then I moved to South America so cancelled it before leaving as I wasn't going to be within thousands of miles of an LAFitness.

I cancelled over the phone, as well as wrote a letter to confirm I wanted my membership cancelled.

I get one more statement before leaving for South America and it shows no LA Fitness charge so I figure all is well.

While in South America I only got mail once every few months. Would go in to the city to pick it up from a place that would hold on to all my mail for me, including credit card statements and what not. I was never using my card down there so figured I didn't need to check statements often as I had no recurring payments - or so I thought.

I check my mail and see that LA Fitness has started charging me again at an even higher rate than what my old membership was. Now I'm trampsing through the jungles and mountains of South America and it's a little inconvenient to be making phone calls to credit card companies and LA Fitness corporate offices to deal with this. It's also a pain in the ass to send mail from there. But it reaches the point where despite numerous calls and letters and faxes, they charge close to $800 to my card in bogus charges.

Finally I was like "Fuck this shit" and ran a chargeback against them.

we've done a few, but one was accidental. we had a charge we could not identify and asked our bank to do an inquiry. apparently you can only do an inquiry by making a chargeaback at our bank! so they did the chargeback and never could find out who it was in a way that we could know what it was (their company name didn't tell us a thing) - and the company never contacted us after the chargeback was done.

if we do not recieve the product we pay for, are mistakenly rebilled or otherwise inappropriately billed and do not receive assistance, we charge back. we have never charged back in any situation where the company charging us was willing to help rectify the situation.

Amber C
    I did a chargeback this last Christmas. I ordered Becky this really cool collectors vampire dagger from one place. My debit card had a different address on it, but I specified to have it deliverred to our current address. Well they ended up delivering it to the old address anyways. I called them up and explained the isssue, they said too bad, try going to your old place and pick up the package. I was like "wtf, your telling me I have to correct your mistake", and they sad yep. I hung up on them and then proceeded to call my bank. Well after about an hour on the phone with them, they finally ok'd my chargeback. The funny thing was about 2 months later the place I ordered from called me and said the item was returned to their store and they would ship it back out to me. I told them not to bother I had already charged it back....hehehehe.

Amber C
    Originally posted by MacDaddy
    MacDaddy,
    Can you please send me an email with your subscription information in it. I will see that this is sent to the right people and taken care of.

Best,
    Amber C

Amber C
    Originally posted by Lee
    LOL Just admit it..

You've been saving your membership to Breathless Boys all these months

Im sure once Amber sees your post she will get it sorted for you

Regards,

Lee
    You got that right Lee. I will never let a customer go unhappy.
    MacDaddy my email is aclymer@i2intl.com. My ICQ # is 162888717.

Yup, I have charged back in the past for lack of service or product. But I always try to contact the shop first and ask them to resolve it, but if that does not happen I am a mean little :devil:

cheers,
    Luke

AusCoding Allan
    Only ever done three! All to the same company hehehe. My mobile account comes straight off the cc via direct debit. Optus charged me my normal monthly charge and then another charger worth $22.00 I phone and asked them to rectify it and they said that they hadn't charged me the extra $22. I gave them the transaction id and faxed them a copy of the statement yet no response. Got the shits after three hours on the phone and charged back through my bank. Same process was repeated the next month so I started all over again. Bank ok'd the chargeback yet again. Third month rocks around and it happens again. Anyhoo I spent two hours yelling and screaming on the phone and ended up getting Optus to refund the charges on to my phone account (good enough for me). I got my cc statement two weeks later and had been refunded on to my card for the full $66.00 on to my card, and also $66.00 on my phone account plus an ex gratia payment of $30.00 to my phone account for all the hassles I had encountered. No arguments here!

Allan

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I did a few charge backs on AOL. They kept billing me in 2 places for the same AOL account 2 years ago.

I was using one CC#, then changed it over to a new one. So they take it that when I changed it that it ment that I wanted to be billed 2 times for the same account. Then when i called them about it, they said "Oh I'm sorry, we'll give you 3 free months."

I told the guy "Your going to give me 3 free months when you double billed me for the last 5 months?" Called the bank right after and charged it all back.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Oh Sheila
    Chargeback? Nope, no way. I've been fortunate enough to have never been blatantly ripped off and any buyers regrets I've had I've lived with.