Thread: Another Upsell Question - Specific Content Type Upsells?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Another Upsell Question - Specific Content Type Upsells?

I was wondering if anyone had any success with matching specific types of upsells with specific types of content?

For example, on a movie area, upselling to live cams would seem to be a practical idea however, what would you upsell on an image area?

Is there a different kind of upsell that works best for specific types of 'content' inside members areas?

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Lee,

I did very well upselling dvds and vod from my video section. I found a company that paid 30% commission on DVD sales and put the same dvds on my vod theater.

With pictures, you can look at it from two points of view -

1. They are still images and may appeal to those who like a "physical" product
    2. They are niche related

Case one, maybe upsell to a site like TLA. Or if it's uncut, link to an uncut dildo.
    Case two, send to more of that niche. Go wild try VOD or toys or whatever.

I really feel it's more about the niche than if it's video or images. How cool would it be if someone designed a CMS that allowed you to run small targeted ads that linked to a physical product in an online store based on keywords at the bottom of gallery pages.

BTW, the best way to sell a product in a member's area is via a blog. Seriously. It works.

Lloyd

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Lloyd,

I thought about the sextoy route to be honest although, to be fair, the commisions most stores payout is crazy when compared to other types of sale, vod, paysite, dvd etc.

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Lee,

Have you tried to do a "buy watch rent" type of branding?

Main Gallery Page: Have a medium size sales area where you link to a dvd store w/ dvds in that niche, a VOD with videos in that niche, and a netflix type rental. Create some killer text and make it sound like they are the best places on the net to buy, watch, and rent movies in the niche.

Individual Gallery Pages: Same thing only much smaller.

Reason I would put on individual gallery pages is to continue the branding and allow "easy access". Just make it not very tacky advertising.

I agree toy stores have horrible commissions.

Lloyd