Thread: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Paysite?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Much Does It Cost To Start A Paysite?

I know we have discussed this before but i was just reading a thread on one of the straight webmaster boards where the 'costs' posted were anywhere from $3500 right up to $100,000 for a single paysite.

That got me thinking again, why do those in the straight side of the industry constantly go around telling everyone they need to be spending inordinate (is that the right word?) amount of money to build a paysite when it can actually be done for very little?

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    with exclusive content probably around $50k at least

with broker content probably $1500 + Visa fees

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    with exclusive content probably around $50k at least

with broker content probably $1500 + Visa fees
    Nah much less than that imho.

I know of several exclusive content providers who can do upwards of 20+ shoots for less than $10k right now and we're talking boy/boy hardcore shoots of a pretty decent quality.

Regards,

Lee

i've seen a series of single girl straight sites where this male photographer and female videographer have the girl over for a weekend and shoot them all the time. they end up with 12 or more shoots in different locations in their house and yard, each "shoot" using different clothing and hairstyles. you could do this with a 19 year old who didn't know any better for probably $600.

you could also have a house full of amateur twinks, pay each $300 for the day, put them together in varying configurations and end up with 6 or more shoots for $1800 if you had two video guys shooting different groups in two different parts of the house or studio. what would up the price here is paying for the location and photographers, grips, etc.

Looking for content ;)
    well the end cost depends a bit on niche too.. if you are happy with boy/boy then you could probably get 20 scenes for $10k but if you want more "niche" stuff you will not get 20 scenes for $10k hardcore.

How long have you been gay?
    When I asked the same question I came to a conclusion that it takes about 20-30 exclusive sets, and about 50 nonexclusive sets to begin with. So yes, we are looking at around $10000. But thats a cold start, no promo involved.