Thread: Serious Discussion - Are Webmaster Shows Becoming A Liability?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Serious Discussion - Are Webmaster Shows Becoming A Liability?

With all the talk about theft, drugs, date rape, etc going on at the webmaster shows these days, do you think they are becoming more of a liability than a benefit to peoples businesses?

Then we have companies that send every single one of their reps to the show leaving those affiliates who didnt attend stuck for days on end with support issues.

Do you think we have reached a point yet where adult conventions are more of a liability to the attendees/sponsors than a benefit?

What about insurance too, has anyone already started getting additional personal insurance when they attend the shows? I know Gary and I are covered on our regular insurance but i bet there are a heap of people who attend the shows from abroad that arent covered if something were to happen to them.

What are yoru thoughts on this, with all the theft, date rape attempts, drug use and fights happening at the show more and more recently do you think they are becoming a liability to the attendees, sponsors or companies putting them on?

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    for some perhaps, but if you use your brain and stay away from the shitheads in this business you should be fine..

i personally love attending the shows and will continue doing so in the future for sure.. might not get much direct business done there but it has paid off on more than once...

Dzinerbear
    I've never experienced any of those things at the shows. Maybe I don't hang with the "right" crowd.

Michael

All I know is that since going into recovery, I'm going to be a very different Jasun at shows. I'll still dance naked, most likely, but I won't start food fights or make out with.. um.. no, I'll probably do those too. I'll be sober. Go figure.

I haven't seen fights, but yeah.. drug use, people staggering around drunk, people too hung over to attend any seminars or parties or meetings... those things I've seen.

I hadn't heard the date rape story. Guess I'm not in the inner circle either.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

I haven't heard any of these stories either. I had a really good time at Internext, enjoyed meeting loads of people and getting some good deals setup too. But then again, I treated it as a business trip and although I did have a few social drinks, its not like I got drunk or stoned off my face.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    All I know is that since going into recovery, I'm going to be a very different Jasun at shows. I'll still dance naked, most likely, but I won't start food fights or make out with.. um.. no, I'll probably do those too. I'll be sober. Go figure.
    Congrats on taking that step, Jasun. I know it can be a challenge taking that step, but I also know it's quite possible to have just as much fun (if not more) at parties when you're sober

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Oftentimes I do think some companies need to take a hard look at who they're sending to shows on their behalf and as their representatives. I've seen affiliate reps and staffers behave in a manner that does nothing but make them and their employer look bad, and often wonder what the owners/heads of the companies would think if they could see what their folk are doing (assuming they're not right there with them ).

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    The three shows I have attended have offered as much as I wanted to get out of them. I find the information I have learned in one/one is far better then the seminars. Folks attending ask questions and then most the panelists won't answer because they say it is not 'general enough interest', yet I haven't heard a single question that was not relevant to my work.

Baghdad Bob
    there is a lot of discussing about this show on gfy right now and its not good sounding