Thread: when do i need to uses a model release

Baghdad Bob

when do i need to uses a model release

do i need to use a model release any time someone is photod or only when there full face is shown in the pictures

i wanted to start doing some adult pics but wasnt sure if i needed a model release every time i used a person or just if they are viewed in the face

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Use a model release every time you photo someone. This will save you tons of headaches in the future if anyone should want their pictures taken offline.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yep like Dean said, anytime you take photos/movies of a real person (or even just a part of their body) you need to get a release.

The only time you dont need a release is if you are taking pictures of 'objects' owned by somebody as long as they dont pertain to a business entity specifically, for example, an apple.

Regards,

Lee

a modeling release has nothing to do with whether you are shooting adult. it has to do with a person owning their own likeness, whether it is of their hand or their face. if YOU want to own the likenses (pics or vids in this case), they must sign a modeling release because that gives you ownership.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Everybody has given you correct answers Bob.

Use a model release every time you take pictures of a person, or even part of a person. Use a new model release for every shoot.

Also, if you hire a photographer, you need to get the _photographer_ to sign a release!

There are a few very rare exceptions but those exceptions are generally along the lines of TV news crews shooting footage of the crowd going into a state fair.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Everybody has given you correct answers Bob.

Use a model release every time you take pictures of a person, or even part of a person. Use a new model release for every shoot.

Also, if you hire a photographer, you need to get the _photographer_ to sign a release!

There are a few very rare exceptions but those exceptions are generally along the lines of TV news crews shooting footage of the crowd going into a state fair.

Dont the one of the news crews showing a crowd fall under the same laws that the Papparazzi go under?
    ICQ# 200-385-093

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    Dont the one of the news crews showing a crowd fall under the same laws that the Papparazzi go under?
    Just use a model release every time you take pictures until you become a member of a network TV news crew Dean.

<rolls eyes at Dean>
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

the way it was explained to me, if the person or persons is the focus of the pics, you need a release. if the people truly are background, you may not need a release IF your work falls into certain areas, including news. but i know indie producers who just get EVERYONE's to sign a release, which is always best.

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    you should ALWAYS get a model release if you want to use the person's image in a commercial venture