Thread: EPOCH and VISA

Roger MGC

EPOCH and VISA

Hi all,

We are waiting for Visa's approval for a brand new site. It has been over 2 weeks. Is anyone else having the same problem with Epoch, CCBill or other processors. I am told that it's because of vacation time! Is it really?

there was a very large adult industry convention last week, and it could be because of that. i try not to submit my sites just before a convention.

however sometimes either the processor or visa can just get backed up. have you called them to find out what's up?

I'd rather be whole, than good rand's Avatar
    If we signed off on your site and sent it to Visa, which is what it sounds like, then we are just waiting for Visa to come back with approval. In the meantime you can accept the other card types.

Visa's compliance department isn't huge. They do get backed up from time to time and I would say this is the time of year that is more likely for that.

Industry conventions don't back up the process. The people who work in tech support and compliance don't really attend shows. ;-)
    --Rand @ Epoch >dot< com
    My AdultWhosWho

Epoch - Since 1996

Go, Rand.

For most processors, the time for review is not due to internal issues, but we are subject to the credit card company's backlog of sites to review.

We have seen review times range from a couple of business days to several weeks, depending on the card company's current load.

So, yeah, like basschick said, just check with your processor.
    Gary
    CCBill

Roger MGC

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I feel better knowing this is not out of the ordinary but it sure makes it hard to plan a launch. The good thing is that the site is not lauched yet and we have sales on Master Card.

Thanks again