Thread: Worthless checks from Global Male Pass

Richard Craver

WTF? Worthless checks from Global Male Pass

Is this just a Canadian thing or is this a wider problem?

The last few global male pass cheques have been coming in small ball internet envelopes but the company name on the cheque(hand written; personal size) is ergoent enterprises.

There's no address for ergonet on the cheque.
    There's no address for the HSBC bank on the cheque.

It's a Panamanian cheque. The cheque is printed in Spanish with reference to balboas or dolares USA.

My Canadian bank won't clear it. They won't even try and collect on it without an address for the bank in panama.

So the cheques are worthless in Canada.

Phone calls to GMP are not returned. I've had one email from their marketing rep saying they're working on the 'problem' but despite repeated follow up emails have received no response.

So.... am I the only one with this problem?
    Are American banks honouring these cheques? Are other Canadian banks honouring these cheques?

Your experiences people?(if you have on this issue!)

Tnx! :kickcan:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hopefully Joel will be able to help you out once he sees this thread

Regards,

Lee

GMPass_Joel
    Hey there Richard,

I have to apologize for this issue you've been having going unanswered. We've had a few Canadian webmasters experience issues with our checks from HSBC and even fewer American issues. It seems that some banks are refusing to cash the checks we send from our bank... unless you pay a fee Everyone who has had this problem has been told by their bank after some pushing that they would cash the check if they are paid a fee of about 25 dollars.

Of course, we do not expect our webmasters to pay a fee to cash our checks so we have been sending out bank drafts (similar to money orders) to any webmaster who has had an issue. This solution has worked with everyone who has had an issue with the checks. I can definitely get you setup with this bank draft option and send a new one out to you right away to replace your checks. Please send an email to joel@gmpass.com with the amounts on your checks and I'll have it taken care of immediately.

If anyone else has an issue similar to this, please feel free to email me at the address above.

-Joel
    GMPass.com

Quote Originally Posted by gaydemon View Post
    Joel, quick question.

Why are GMPass now doing business / paying through Panama? I was quite surprised to see this change. Are there legal issues behind such a move?
    I was also under the impression that to do 'adult' business in Panama you needed to pay some kind of license, perhaps Luke could clarify this for us

Regards,

Lee

i'm not in canada, but getting checks like this would be a matter of concern to me. we receive checks from around the world regularly, but a hand written check with no bank addresss doesn't feel good to me.

Richard Craver
    Quote Originally Posted by GMPass_Joel View Post
    Hey there Richard,

I have to apologize for this issue you've been having going unanswered. We've had a few Canadian webmasters experience issues with our checks from HSBC and even fewer American issues. It seems that some banks are refusing to cash the checks we send from our bank... unless you pay a fee Everyone who has had this problem has been told by their bank after some pushing that they would cash the check if they are paid a fee of about 25 dollars.

Of course, we do not expect our webmasters to pay a fee to cash our checks so we have been sending out bank drafts (similar to money orders) to any webmaster who has had an issue. This solution has worked with everyone who has had an issue with the checks. I can definitely get you setup with this bank draft option and send a new one out to you right away to replace your checks. Please send an email to joel@gmpass.com with the amounts on your checks and I'll have it taken care of immediately.

If anyone else has an issue similar to this, please feel free to email me at the address above.

-Joel
    GMPass.com
    sigh. i will do that joel and see what happens.

i remain concerned joel.
    how difficult is to have cheques issue on a US account? hsbc is a world wide bank.

as to my bank cashing the cheques for a fee... no that's not true in my case. believe me, i was quite firm with them. they would do absolutely nothing without a bank address in panama. who prints cheques without the full address of the company, let alone no address/contact info of the issuing bank?

i left a phone message with u. Unanswered.
    your marketing rep emailed me and said you would looking for a solution to the 'problem'[ today! that was days ago] and then proceeded to ignore my emails asking for an update.

if this is an ongoing issue why didn't yr marketing rep simply suggest your solution when i emailed?

only when i take this 'problem' to the boards is there an apparent 'solution'

i'm sorry joel but this doesn't pass the smell test in my books.

GMPass_Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by gaydemon View Post
    Joel, quick question.

Why are GMPass now doing business / paying through Panama? I was quite surprised to see this change. Are there legal issues behind such a move?
    We've had some corporate restructuring as of late and had to leave our previous check processor. They were based out of the US which made everything much easier; it was purely a result of these to things happening that we have a Panamanian bank now.

GMPass_Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Craver View Post
    sigh. i will do that joel and see what happens.

i remain concerned joel.
    how difficult is to have cheques issue on a US account? hsbc is a world wide bank.

as to my bank cashing the cheques for a fee... no that's not true in my case. believe me, i was quite firm with them. they would do absolutely nothing without a bank address in panama. who prints cheques without the full address of the company, let alone no address/contact info of the issuing bank?

i left a phone message with u. Unanswered.
    your marketing rep emailed me and said you would looking for a solution to the 'problem'[ today! that was days ago] and then proceeded to ignore my emails asking for an update.

if this is an ongoing issue why didn't yr marketing rep simply suggest your solution when i emailed?

only when i take this 'problem' to the boards is there an apparent 'solution'

i'm sorry joel but this doesn't pass the smell test in my books.

Hey Richard,

I haven't seen an email from you yet and am wondering which email address to expect it from. I will check my voice messages at the office tomorrow and give you a call to get this worked out.

As far as getting the checks to work with your Canadian bank, our bank drafts will definitely help with that. Every webmaster who has had an issue with our checks has had no issue with our bank drafts. Every draft costs us a fee so we have only been sending them to people who have had issues.

I'm looking forward to getting this worked out for you tomorrow

Also, if anyone needs to contact me directly my direct line is 310.889.0829.

-Joel

Not wanting to get involved in anyone elses business but I do want to add to this thread.

We were one of the US webmasters affected by these checks from Panama, as soon as I contacted Joel about the issue with my bank, the problem was rectified exactly as he states above and in actual fact (due to me now having an LA office again) the bank draft was hand delivered to us to ensure we weren't kept waiting one day more than absolutely necessary.

This is why I continue to support such a great program with friendly staff.

We have all at some point restructured / changed billing processors / servers or whatever that has unfortunately affected others.. In these instances I usually pull out my John Lennon CD and wait, it's always worked so far

Imagine!
    Domain inventory sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmpitLover View Post
    In these instances I usually pull out my John Lennon CD and wait
    Crazy hippy LOL

Regards,

Lee