Thread: People who Buy Ad Space

Gay is the new Black

People who Buy Ad Space

As I'm looking through a massive amount of sites to start promoting, I'm seeing links on the programs site that link to another site or forum as a "resource" link and when I check the forums, the "program" is not advertising on it. However, they do Advertise on another forum or site and don't have any links sending their traffic there.

Anyone know why?

I would think, If you are going to leak your traffic onto a WM forum or any Forum for that matter, why not do it to a forum where the traffic can see your ads and come back full circle?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know, i have to admit i have never understood that either, it certainly does make more sense for someone advertising over on AskDamageX to send traffic to that board rather than GG+J where they may not be advertising.

Im wondering if its in part because they dont understand the value of their marketing though in terms of branding?

Just because somebody is an existing affiliate at program1.com if they forget about that programs name, the chances are they wont send any traffic to them.

Whereas an affiliate at program2.com seeing their banners and ads in the mix with others are going to be less likely to forget the program and more likely to send traffic, i know i must have a bunch of affiliate programs i have joined that i dont remember about because they just kinda vanished off the boards i post on after their initial burst.

Regards,

Lee