Thread: Pricing and up-sales

Gay is the new Black

Pricing and up-sales

In your payment options, should you only focus on the site in question or...

In thinking about mainstream price plans (non internet) I thought about Theme parks (Disney) and how they sell a ticket for one park up to 5 days, a Park hoppers and a premium pass to all parks. (Disney, MGM, Epcot, Animal Kingdom) various price points for each level.

Would it be too confusing to the surfer if this was an option with a full program?

Where the user could buy a day pass, a one month membership, a 3 month membership. Access to hop around 4 or 5 sites for a week, a premium membership with fill program (sites) access for a month?

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Too confusing. Unlike Disney where people "plan" their vacation in advance, a surfer is horny and just wants to get off. Last thing you want to do is sell him the wrong membership. An X-sell to another paysite I am never too worried about. But last thing i want is him asking for a refund to my site because I confused him while his hand had lube on it.

lloyd

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Because pre-checked cross sells have been abused so badly by those on the straight side of the industry, whilst that type of thing used to work, unfortunately they no longer do

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    We used to offer several different pricing options and found that it seemed to confuse more folks then it helped. I was looking at a site the other day that had EIGHT different possible combinations of recurring/single memberships for several different time periods. Folks want to whip out something other then a calculator when they surf for memberships. My motto: make it look way more expensive then it is and look way less complicated then it is.

Gay is the new Black
    I figured as much but didn't want to toss the idea out the window without asking around. Thanks guys.
    Be Who You Are!

Baghdad Bob
    yes try to keep small prices list is bestest i think instead of trying to make everyone happyer