Thread: HAHA You Gotta Love Faux News And The US Legal System...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? HAHA You Gotta Love Faux News And The US Legal System...

Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.

Jonathan Lee Riches filed the handwritten complaint over "theft and abuse of my animals" on July 23 in the U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va.

• Click here to read the filing against Vick.(pdf)

Riches alleges that Vick stole two white mixed pit bull dogs from his home in Holiday, Fla., and used them for dogfighting operations in Richmond, Va. The complaint goes on to allege that Vick sold the dogs on eBay and “used the proceeds to purchase missiles from the Iran government.”

The complaint also alleges that Vick would need those missiles because he pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda in February of this year.

“Michael Vick has to stop physically hurting my feelings and dashing my hopes,” Riches writes in the complaint.

Riches wants $63 billion dollars “backed by gold and silver “ delivered to the front gates to the Williamsburg Federal Correctional facility in South Carolina. Riches is an inmate at the facility serving out a wire fraud conviction.

FOXNews.com attempted to contact Vick, but neither he nor his spokesman could be reached for comment.

Vick's attorneys, meanwhile, are negotiating a plea deal with federal prosecutors before new dogfighting charges are filed next week, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

• Click here for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story.

No plea agreement involving Atlanta Falcons quarterback Vick has been filed, according to the court clerk, FOX News has learned.

Vick was accused of being involved in a dogfighting ring called "Bad Newz Kennels" run on property he owned in Surry County, Va. In late July, Vick pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities, and conspiring to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture in a Richmond, Va., court.

Vick could reach an agreement ahead of new charges expected to come down next week after two more of Vick's three co-defendants prepare to enter guilty pleas later this week. By reaching a plea agreement, Vick could avoid any additional charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

I really dont know if i feel dirty having ready this or angry at the fact that is is passing as 'news' or that the US legal system allowed this suit to be filed in the first place.

The scary thing is, given the current state of the legal system in the United States, this guy will probably end up winning the suit against Vicks.

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Filing a suit is one thing -- and very easy. Surviving a Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim for Which Relief Can be Granted is entirely another.

I don't think this suit will live more than a day after the right motion to dismiss is filed.

What is more tragic is the $54 million dollar lawsuit filed against the dry cleaners in DC. The dry cleaners won and then got a judgment for $82,000 for their attorneys fees against the idiot who filed the suit. [the case was so outrageous, the judge made the loser pay the winner's attorney. It can happen]. The dry cleaners then sought an order to compel the idiot to pay them -- the beginning of seizing his assets, but they ended up raising the money through fundraisers for their defense. When they dropped the Motion to Compel, DumbFuck filed for an appeal.

The dry cleaners won the case, they got awarded their attorney's fees, but when they raised the money on their own and dropped their demand to get the money from the guy that sued them, he filed an appeal. I am hoping he gets disbarred [he is a lawyer and a low-level judge in DC] for his actions.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!