Thread: need feedback on this site!

growers

need feedback on this site!

Ive created a gallery site that can submit tgp, mgp, freesite and flash galleries. What do you think of this site?

http://yellowxxxpages.com/

need some feedback here thanks.

http://yellowxxxpages.com/

1. you're using a trademarked and copyrighted concept as a logo.

2. yellow reminds me of thehun.

3. this page will do terribly on trades because other sites have more design and even text tgps have a few thumbs somewhere.

4, those are very non tempting banners.

honestly it looks like someone new to tgps/mgps made it. it doesn't have enough personality and the ads aren't likely to make you money. there's not enough breaking up the page, either. if you're only looking for it to grab search engine hits, it would be less work to do a link list - that way, you'd have less things to check every day.

Gay is the new Black
    I would like to add, I don't remember a single link after looking at it. but I did get a slight headache from the blue links crammed together over a yellow bg.

it looks exactly like thehun, I am sure this is done on purpose and I am sure you will only get OK results from trying to mimick one of the best-known tgp sites on the internet.

you have a great domain name, you should be creative and have some fun with it, not just rip off other people's ideas.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    I agree with Chilihost, look exactly like the hun, you do have a great domain.
    Do something different and original with it

Cash in on LiveBucks

doesn't make sense to piss off thehun, either. staying on good terms with your business associates is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    it looks exactly like thehun, I am sure this is done on purpose and I am sure you will only get OK results from trying to mimick one of the best-known tgp sites on the internet.

you have a great domain name, you should be creative and have some fun with it, not just rip off other people's ideas.

growers
    thanks on your feed back... its really kinda look like thehun. I will made it look diffrent.

growers
    I like the color yellow on the theme. Maybe that color stays.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    On websites, as in interior design, yellow is a dangerous color. In a room, one slight misstep the person in the space will feel like they are in a sanitarium. It is hard to select colors that good on a yellow page. When a page is heavy on the text, it has to be easy to read. Many colors set up optical vibrations when paired with complimentary colors. Almost all primary colors do the same. If you want the yellow for impact or branding, maybe use it in the background but the text fields have to be more legible. I caught Craig's headache pretty quick.

Your change is a big improvement, the banner is much nicer and the black bg makes it stand out a lot too. Keep playing and working it, I am sure you will develop a great looking site!

growers
    wow you have seen already the changes cool! I was going to announce it.