Thread: Do You Let Personal Feelings Dictate Your Business Dealings?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Do You Let Personal Feelings Dictate Your Business Dealings?

I must admit, in the past i have let how i feel personally about a specific program owner stop me from doing business with them, specifically if they act hatefull on the boards towards gay individuals, however, im wondering, how do the rest of you folks keep your personal and business feelings seperate from one another, or do you?

Do you think letting personal feelings get in the way of general business is a good or bad thing overall?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Yes, I have and will continue to work by my own set of standards, ethics. If I perceive one to be against what I feel is right, ethical, then yes I will not do business with them, and yes, it has happened, and has cost me money, but it is my face I look at in the mirror, so I don't regret it one bit.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    Yes, I have and will continue to work by my own set of standards, ethics. If I perceive one to be against what I feel is right, ethical, then yes I will not do business with them, and yes, it has happened, and has cost me money, but it is my face I look at in the mirror, so I don't regret it one bit.
    What he said is true for me as well.

Madame0120
    Our company relies on my "feelings", when we decide who we do business with.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I differentiate between feelings ethics, and business.

In general, I strongly prefer to do business with people and companies that I like, I trust, and I feel like I share ethical beliefs with.

However, AJ and I do have business with companies that we don't necessarily share their views on all the decisions they make. And we occasionally will do business with people that one or both of us simply don't like, but are decent people and good business people, or people who have done shady things or things that we strongly don't agree with, simply because, in some cases, we have few choices.

I do agree that all of us in the industry could probably benefit the industry as a whole, as well as ourselves individually, if we do our best to support and encourage the people and companies who share the same ethics and beliefs we do.

one company at gfy has a rep who has said on the board that killing black people and jews is a good thing. i hear that this is simply a way to get the program talked about and keep them in the eye of the folks at gfy. well, i'm sure it works in that way. but i wouldn't want anyone who either had such beliefs or who expressed them in a business forum to represent a company i owned or worked with. it seems to me it's not good business to allow your business to be associated with certain types of practices that are against what you stand for and how you work with others.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    one company at gfy has a rep who has said on the board that killing black people and jews is a good thing.
    That would be Pimpdog i presume, who is the person i was talking about in my first post.

Regards,

Lee

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    As long as they have not done anything illegal, unethical or immoral by my standards I'll work with em.

--Chubbs

it was jimthefiend as i recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That would be Pimpdog i presume, who is the person i was talking about in my first post.

Regards,

Lee

Epoch Holly
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    it was jimthefiend as i recall.
    Oh yes he called me a Dyke several times! What a fun guy! :rain:

a fungi? i couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Epoch Holly View Post

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoch Holly View Post
    No no... you are a lovely lesbian.

Of course my husband refuses to accept that, and still pines over you.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    To thine own self be ... cliche'

Looking for content ;)
    i dont buy into peoples "board persona", hell on some boards i am one and i bet some people on those boards dont do business with me due to this and i couldnt care less.

If i need to do business with someone who is an ass on the boards i normally test the water over the phone or on icq and if they are "normal" people when talking to them that way we can do business - if they are also an ass on the phone or icq we dont do business with them..

but never turned down business due to someones "board persona" alone - there is always a bit more too it when i dont do business with people

Epoch Holly
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    No no... you are a lovely lesbian.

Of course my husband refuses to accept that, and still pines over you.
    LOL! AWW I miss you guys!