Thread: Conflict Of Interest?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Conflict Of Interest?

Im just wondering what you folks thought about this, if someone owns their own affiliate program, and currently works as a rep for another company onn the boards, also an affiliate program, do you see that as a conflict of interest?

I just mentioned this to someone and they just didnt understand where i was coming from.

Is it just me or does that scenario seem 'odd' to anyone else?

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!
    I think that it could be, but I would need a little more info. For instance, as a program owner myself, I don't think I should rep for other gay programs, but if I wanted to try some straight stuff, maybe that would be ok.

I wonder how others might feel about that.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Gay is the new Black
    A few questions do come up as flags.

Is it within the same marketing arena? Are the sites competing? Do you have a contract? Did they have the program before they were working with you? Did you know about the program before they were working for you?

There is a major Red flag with a few of the answers but when it boils down to things, the Contracts are where you have a set amount of rules and guidelines for their employment and duties as "your" affiliate rep. And what constitutes as a breach in contract.

An odd scenario indeed but there are exceptions to the rule.

Is their own program a paysite? a Traffic site? a TGP?

And If your program has everything but pissing and they only have pissing, is the marketing they do for their program going to encroach the marketing they do for you?

i've tried to explain that one to several people who really REALLY wanted me to rep for them. i mean, come on - if i go to a convention, whose business card do i hand out? when i sign up for adult who's who, what program name do i give? whose button do i put in my sig?

not to mention i know people who have worked with other programs and when they were hit up on icq for webmaster support, they not only gave the support but tried to get the affiliates to sign up for their own program.

in my opinion, such a thing is possible depending on the honesty and ethics of the people involved, but it's not going to be an optimal situation at the best of times...

Baghdad Bob
    i dont think i would be happy if i was hiring someonne to help affiliates who also had there own sponser program