Thread: How To Make Promos To Play On A TV?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How To Make Promos To Play On A TV?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how i could make a bunch of really softcore promos to play on a TV at our local bar?

Ive managed to persuade the bar owner to let me use the TV as a marketing tool on a Saturday night and now im kinda stuck as im not sure if it would be best using regular softcore movies clips with text overlayed on them or, whether i should have some fancy flash thing made up?

Any of you folks ever created a TV commercial type thing before for similar purposes? If so how did you go about getting it setup?

Regards,

Lee

mgillis
    Hi Lee,

We've done lots of promo spots at bars around TO and in other cities. We've tried a few different things, but a softcore real (hardcore on special nights) is what does the best for us.

Basically, you need to show the sex to get people's attention. Our best "commercial" is a softcore spot with our logo URL bug in the corner throughout and a bumper at beginning and end. If it is longer - we do a bumper in the middle as well.

M.

Mary,

Do you just use a miriad of movie clips joined together or do you get fancier with them?

Right now im thinking ill just create a bunch of 5 minute clips for each of the Condom Cash websites with a url in the corner like you suggested.

Regards,

Lee

mgillis
    Hi Lee,

No, we get pretty fancy with them!

The guys who do all of our encoding, etc. are pretty talented, and they'll edit clips that really build to a finish - lots of quick changes, lots of close up action and lots of flash.

In a club you are really competing against so much else - you need something that will really grab attention.

If you can do hardcore, that is usually enough to get the attention - show the close up penetration shots. If you are limited to softcore, then you'll want to get fancier.

M.

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar
    We've created Badpuppy Model promo CD's in the past, sort of like a slide show of some of our hottest models and duos as well, showing the hardcore portion of the photo shoots has worked best! Each image carries our www.badpuppy.com on one side of the image and a beginning and ending fade in of our Badpuppy logo, with the url as well.

This is something that you can use as a tool to send to bars and nightclubs around the globe that will both entertain their patrons and promote your website, increase your brand recognition, etc...

I'm sure Mary is right though about using hardcore video clip type action, creating some what of a long commercial that would surely do very well!

Thanks Mary

Lisa,

Any chance you could have one of the guys mail me over a promo CD so i can check it out?

Or better yet, have them drive it up to me so we can finally do lunch/dinner one day haha

Regards,

Lee