Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Elses CellPhone Not Work In Their House?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does Anyone Elses CellPhone Not Work In Their House?

Well, not so much not work at all, but will only work in certain areas of the house?

Im not really a big cell phone user but the last few days ive noticed that if im sat in the office, it works fine but if i go in to the garden, it doesnt get a signal and we're only talking a short distance away.

Does anyone else have these sort of issues with their cell phone?

Regards,

Lee

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    It should work in the house. Who is your cell provider?
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    IT works in my house now, but I know i used to have to step outside when I lived in the apartment

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    AJ's house that he just sold (in a pretentious gated community) had NO cell coverage. My house in the Berkeley hills also had no cell coverage. But both of us have coverage at our current residences.

I think most areas are covered unless you're in the hills, or in an out-of-the-way area, or in a militant place like Berkeley, where the hippies get up in arms at the thought of a new cell tower.

The 2 carriers with the largest coverage are AT&T (gsm network) and Verizon (cdma network). I would try one of those 2 companies out and you will have coverage in your house. I would use AT&T if you plan on using your phone out of the country, like if you plan on going back to your homeland or going on a cruise. Verizon, Sprint and Alltel will not work outside of north America because they are on the cdma network.

Let me know who your carrier is and I can help you out more.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Also if it did work at your home and now it doesn't, that could be your phone and it could be defective.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Think big. Shoot hard.
    In my loft in Boston. It works on one side but not on the other. I am not sure why. All I can think of is the brick walls as it's all open space.

I have both Verizon and Cingular. Both don't work in the same spot.

Normally if you don't have coverage in a certain spot, if one doesn't got ya covered the other will. Also you can make a complaint to the cell company, they will come out and investigate the area and possibly do something about it.

I currently have this problem in my area. Verizon has full coverage here at the house, but at&t is a little low here, because it's pulling from the tower 4 miles away. Towers only cover about 5 sq miles.

I switched from verizon because I got tired of their poor selection of phones and like at&t selection better. Verizon has the faster network but all of their phones look dorky, mainly the blackberry selection. Also I want my phone to work when I travel outside of the country.

So I am waiting on at&t to do something in the area, which they will. I have like 2 bars in the house, sometimes just 1, 3-4 bars outside of the house. It's working though!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

How long have you been gay?

Try A Cell Phone Booster

I had this problem once with AT&T. And it was only in my office - of all places! I could go anywhere else in the house and it would work fine.

After speaking to a technical support guy at AT&T he told me about cell phone signal boosters that you can put in your house to boost the signal. These aren't those stupid metal coil things that you stick on your phone. This is an actual antenna that you have installed on your home that will carry a signal to another antenna inside your house that re-distributes the signal. You can find them (real ones) for between $300 and $3000).

The one I bought cost $500 and my signal worries are gone. Do a search on google for "cell phone signal booster". Only other option I think would be to look at another carrier.

my friend rick has no coverage in part - only part - of his house in torrance. and that's for 2 different carriers.

Dzinerbear
    Yes, I have these problems. I even have to stand in certain spots in my livingroom. If I pivot 5 degrees in any direction, I lose the reception. And I'm with the carrier with the best reception in Canada. That's what their commercials say anyway.

Michael

He really should have coverage in his house with one of the carriers. Florida is a narrow and flat state, and unless he is in the country he should have coverage with one of them. It is also a very competitive state for cellular service.

When you have people come over to your house Lee, ask them if they have signal in your house and see what carrier they use.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    The one I bought cost $500 and my signal worries are gone. Do a search on goggle for "cell phone signal booster". Only other option I think would be to look at another carrier.
    they work i put one in i got it from www.smarthome.com you mount the main antenna on the roof of in the attics then the wire runs to the box which you try to position in the middle of your house and it has another antenna to pick up and re radiate the signal.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

YanksTodd
    I have a couple of providers, my at&t phone works awesome in all my rooms, but my sprint phone I need to stand on my patio for it to work. Odd

Quote Originally Posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    they work i put one in i got it from www.smarthome.com you mount the main antenna on the roof of in the attics then the wire runs to the box which you try to position in the middle of your house and it has another antenna to pick up and re radiate the signal.
    I was looking into those, which one did you get Zac?
    Thanks,
    Jacob