Thread: Any Suggestions?

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar

Any Suggestions?

I know this may not seem biz. related but trust me, it is. After a particularly crazy weekend, I have decided to quit partying cold turkey. Sunday was my last day "under the influence" and since then I am having a very hard time concentrating on work. Even worse, I now get really bored doing the same things I use to enjoy doing high. So my question is, besides rubbing one out every 10 mins, what do the rest of you sober heads do when you're bored? And does anyone have any tips/techniques they use to stay motivated when working on a LOOOONG project that seems to be taking forever?

--Chubbs

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
    And does anyone have any tips/techniques they use to stay motivated when working on a LOOOONG project that seems to be taking forever?
    Smoke...

A LOT!

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Smoke...

A LOT!

I just quit smoking 3-10 g's a day. No way I am gonna pick up cigs

Gay is the new Black
    Break up the project into sections. What is the bulk of the project? Is it just uploading images and tagging them? Formatting video clips? Programming? Or a little of everything and then some?

If you section off what can be done now and what has to be done to move on to the next step, when you get bored with one thing, switch to something else.

Also, When you get real bored, go outside and water the plants. Don't have plants? Get some so you can water them.

Look at a TV guide and find a program you wouldn't mind watching every day and make a lunch break around the program. Maybe some HGTV or a BizTech program that gets you thinking about other projects.

Put a radio in your office and find a talk program you can get into. Most programs run about 4 hours long and you can zone off to the program as you work through your process'

To be honest, there is way too many things you could do. It's just doing them without thinking about how easy it is to just get high or how retarded you feel about doing something new.
    Be Who You Are!

why quit cold turkey? why not just designate one night a week or a fortnight that you will party, or when you are out partying why not make sure that you alternate booze drinks with non-alcoholic drinks (or use other controls). That way you still have your outlet and can still have fun, but controlled fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    why quit cold turkey? why not just designate one night a week or a fortnight that you will party, or when you are out partying why not make sure that you alternate booze drinks with non-alcoholic drinks (or use other controls). That way you still have your outlet and can still have fun, but controlled fun!
    Was considering doing the one night thing. Or even the "when in rome" deal. But honestly, I been going too big for too long. 20+ years of non stop partying with the last 6 just being totally out of control. Not bragging in any way, but to give you an idea, I take 1/2 hit of killer double stacked e, 1/16th, 1/2 ounce and 15-20 NoS balloons to start off a night around 9. By 12, its time to reload.

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
    I take 1/2 hit of killer double stacked e, 1/16th, 1/2 ounce and 15-20 NoS balloons to start off a night around 9. By 12, its time to reload.
    Sounds like my youth when I moved to college town at 15.

Dbl stack wafers and lsd then NoS to take off the edge when it got too crazy. Then reload after an hour of downtime but replace the lsd with some K and drone in a hole. And if you know MDMA, you know it takes more to reload because your seritonum is rocked to shit from the constant spike.

13 years clean and can honestly say, Clean from beans is hard and from a non-stop party every day for 3 years to dead stop, you will miss it. But missing it is ok once you have time to look back. Though your Jaw will still rock and music sets you off.
    Be Who You Are!

Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Sounds like my youth when I moved to college town at 15.

Dbl stack wafers and lsd then NoS to take off the edge when it got too crazy. Then reload after an hour of downtime but replace the lsd with some K and drone in a hole. And if you know MDMA, you know it takes more to reload because your seritonum is rocked to shit from the constant spike.

13 years clean and can honestly say, Clean from beans is hard and from a non-stop party every day for 3 years to dead stop, you will miss it. But missing it is ok once you have time to look back. Though your Jaw will still rock and music sets you off.
    I know you're right, but man, this 1st week is a BITCH!