Thread: How long till you dispute money sent to a designer?

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar

How long till you dispute money sent to a designer?

Okay, so if you have a designer, and after you pay him through paypal and full, and he seemingly dissappeared (and you have heard from others of the same thing) do you wait to see if he will come back around before disputing the charge with paypal to get your money back. He was messaging daily when I was waiting to pay him, but after I have paid in full, he hasn't responded to anything.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

it depends on what the agreement was. i've had designers agree to do things for me the same day or the same week. i don't wait long past the day or week on those if i'm getting no communication - after all, the time the job was to be done in is part of the deal, not just the job itself.

i'd wait otherwise at least a week just in case. the designer could have flaked, but for all we know his mother had a heart attack or something. if the job wasn't time sensitive, give it a little time - but never over a month.

unless i have lots of experience with a designer, i try not to pay in full ahead of the word. half is enough at most, and a lot of designers i've worked with don't ask for money till delivery.

btw, paying by paypal is hazardous if the work is adult because it's completely against paypal policy. they may want to know about the site/design, and also he could "get even" for your complaint be reporting the kind of site you have.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    it depends on what the agreement was. i've had designers agree to do things for me the same day or the same week. i don't wait long past the day or week on those if i'm getting no communication - after all, the time the job was to be done in is part of the deal, not just the job itself.

i'd wait otherwise at least a week just in case. the designer could have flaked, but for all we know his mother had a heart attack or something. if the job wasn't time sensitive, give it a little time - but never over a month.

unless i have lots of experience with a designer, i try not to pay in full ahead of the word. half is enough at most, and a lot of designers i've worked with don't ask for money till delivery.

btw, paying by paypal is hazardous if the work is adult because it's completely against paypal policy. they may want to know about the site/design, and also he could "get even" for your complaint be reporting the kind of site you have.
    He was suppose to start last week, and I have heard nothing from him after I paid. I message him, nothing responded. From a thread on GFY it looks like he has dissappeared on people before, to come back "full swing" then people are still looking for him. I just want to dispute it all before it is too late through paypal, but not so soon that I appear quick to dispute.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Dean,

Its been almost 1 month for me im about ready to call the guy out as a scammer.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Dean,

Its been almost 1 month for me im about ready to call the guy out as a scammer.

Regards,

Lee
    Have you recieved anything at all? Hit me up on ICQ....
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Madame0120
    Dean?

Is that you on the page here?

http://www.deansboys.com

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    Dean?

Is that you on the page here?

http://www.deansboys.com
    Yes Ma'am
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    Yes Ma'am
    What a lil cutie pie. What's that on your shoulders? Football gear?

:offtopic: I have a lil thing for jock straps. Never knew what one looked like, till I was in this biz.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    In the interest of fairness, Internet connectivity isn't as reliable in some parts of the world, so it *could* be that his net connection is down, but it would seem that if he knows a bunch of people want him, he'd call somebody and have them post on his behalf.

I'd say file the dispute. If he responds, you can always cancel the dispute. But I agree with Patti that paying in advance is generally an unwise idea unless you really, really know and trust the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    What a lil cutie pie. What's that on your shoulders? Football gear?

:offtopic: I have a lil thing for jock straps. Never knew what one looked like, till I was in this biz.
    On my shoulders is Football pads.. hehe

Oh I LOVE jockstraps and undies... I have a nice collection of model underwear that are signed building up that I am going to sell off at some point!
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    In the interest of fairness, Internet connectivity isn't as reliable in some parts of the world, so it *could* be that his net connection is down, but it would seem that if he knows a bunch of people want him, he'd call somebody and have them post on his behalf.

I'd say file the dispute. If he responds, you can always cancel the dispute. But I agree with Patti that paying in advance is generally an unwise idea unless you really, really know and trust the person.
    We will mark this in the book of lesson learned.. I went ahead and filed the dispute as Lee has been waiting for a month from the same guy, and several people on GFY have been looking for him.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Dispute seems to have worked so far! He has gotten a hold of me, and gave me some exact dates and such. Hopefully Lee will have the same luck!
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    Dispute seems to have worked so far! He has gotten a hold of me, and gave me some exact dates and such. Hopefully Lee will have the same luck!
    Funny how his internet worked or what ever the reason after the money was being pulled.
    Be Who You Are!

Baghdad Bob
    well if someone pays all upfront its because not many people will take half pay because of scammers not paying if they didnt liked the work

that's true, but i think half up front is a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Baghdad Bob View Post
    well if someone pays all upfront its because not many people will take half pay because of scammers not paying if they didnt liked the work