Thread: Who Is The 'Producer' When It Comes To Webcams?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Who Is The 'Producer' When It Comes To Webcams?

For example, lets say i have a guy in his home, jacking off on webcam and recording it.

I pay him for the 'content' does that make me or him the producer?

Regards,

Lee

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Hmm.. Because it's recorded and he recorded it and you paid him for the content... You would still want the 2257 stuff from him, saying he is 18+.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam View Post
    You are the producer, it's your website and your company, he is just a model. You will need a copy of his photo id and will probably want a model release signed as well.
    Even if he is just doing it out of his bedroom as if he and i were on MSN camming and i just recorded the stream, like millions of surfers do every day?

IDs and model releases etc isnt a problem we had that discussion already last night hehe

Regards,

Lee

How do you know he is 18+ you are recording? That's why you need an id. If he isn't 18+ then you are in trouble for possesing cp on your computer.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam View Post
    How do you know he is 18+ you are recording? That's why you need an id. If he isn't 18+ then you are in trouble for possesing cp on your computer.
    You mis-read what i said.

Models IDs and releases ISNT a problem, we already spoke about them last night

Meaning, yes he is over 18 and has IDs and has no problems with signing releases hehe

Regards,

Lee

I would think he would be the producer and he would have to list his 2257 stuff and you would need it on file, just like you do now when you purchase photo's/video's and stuff from other companies that are the producers.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar

Mmmm... actually.

Unless I'm grossly incorrect, Lee..
    He would be the Primary Producer...
    You would be considered as the Secondary Producer. :-)

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I'm not entirely sure to what end you're making the inquiry.
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    No matter how you look at it, If and when it hit's the web, the person putting it on the web is the producer.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    Even if he is just doing it out of his bedroom as if he and i were on MSN camming and i just recorded the stream
    I think the key word in your sentance above is " I ". I recorded would be pretty much the same as me walking into a place with a camcorder and video taping the stuff i am guessing in the doj's eyes, just because the stream originated at a remote point probably dosnt matter.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    First off, there ARE no more secondary producers. 2257A/4472 took care of that. There are only "producers." At least once the regs are published, anyone displaying content needs to have ID and cross referencing on any model appearing on their site or in their DVDs or whatever.

Second, the interpretations of the statute I've heard from nearly all of the attorneys who have commented goes like this: If the content is displayed under a URL that you own, even if it is embedded and is actually pulled from a different server, you need to have full 2257.

Third, 2257 requires that the producer physically examine the identification documents. An emailed photocopy or image does not meet the requirements. I believe that if the producer did not originally create the content (meaning, was not physically present), then a photocopy or digital image is acceptable, but in the circumstance you describe where the model and the producer are the same person, I would suspect it is a gray area, because if the model is lying or using his brother's ID, you don't have any reasonable fallback position (i.e., no other party verifying the ID wasn't fabricated or photoshopped.)

The person paying for it, putting it on the web and directing the content (even if he's just telling the cam guy what he wants him to do) is the producer.

HE's just a hired gun.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

desslock
    Lee: The statute is obviously rediculous, and obviously has nothing to do with protecting minors.

Just go sue the DOJ in federal court.

%% I'm a producer, he's a produccer, she's a producer. %%

%% Wouldn't you like to be a producer too? %%

Steve