Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF - CCBill Refunding Members After 5 Days Access

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? WTF - CCBill Refunding Members After 5 Days Access

I dont understand CCBill sometimes.

Sure, if a customer wants a refund in the first 24-48 hours thats understandable, annoying but understandable.

But 5 days after a member joins and has had a chance to download the entire members area, give me a fucking break.

Regards,

Lee

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I dont understand CCBill sometimes.

Sure, if a customer wants a refund in the first 24-48 hours thats understandable, annoying but understandable.

But 5 days after a member joins and has had a chance to download the entire members area, give me a fucking break.

Regards,

Lee

Wait till 3 weeks go by..I've had that happen several times.

hinc
    Check the logs...might be fair enough if the member in question hasnt been logged in (password problems for instance)

BoneJack
    If you have any questions as to why a customer was refunded please contact us at clientsupport@ccbill.com and we can answer any questions you may have.

We have techs waiting to assist you 24/7, 365 days a year.

I would still rather see a credit than a chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    I would still rather see a credit than a chargeback.
    I wouldnt, a credit means the surfer can keep doing it over and over and over again.

A chargeback means that surfer can never use that same card to join a site again.

Regards,

Lee

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    i think ccbill ( not speaking for them ) gives refunds no matter when if a surfer asks for it, sounds bad however ccbill probably does this since all the surfer has to do is dispute the charge with the credit card and they will get their money back anyway and ccbil wil be hit with a large chargeback fee. its a loose lose situation for us and ccbill.

these days credit card companies are so worried about identity theft and use of other peoples card information that they have swung to far to the side of the consumer, not even looking at logs of acess information because to them an ip adress is ajust a series of #'s it takes to long to cross refernace.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    We protect ourselves by taking a very aggressive stance with regard to possible chargeback/refund situations. We closely monitor each membership and live cam sale. In our business, after many thousands of transactions the biggest flag is a woman's name on a credit card. Less then five of them have not been fraudulent charges. When we see one, we have 24 hours in which to contact the customer and confirm the charge. If the email bounces at once, we void the sale resulting in no chargeback and no refund. We also blacklist the email address, username and password as well as the cardnumber. It may be very unscientific but seems to work well. Our chargeback percentage is 019% or less then 1/5 of one percent.

Okay - lots of speculation - let's see if I can get into trouble...

CCBill has a rigid policy regarding refunds that is designed to prevent frivolous refunds and minimize credits. Our consumer support folks do everything in their power to protect your VALID sales, but if there is a valid, justified issue that a consumer has, then we will issue a refund when absolutely necessary – but only after making all attempts to fix the issue for your consumer.
    We don’t just offer refunds because a surfer asks, that would be kinda dumb.

True, we don’t want chargebacks hitting us, but neither do you. Too many chargebacks are a detriment to your account history.

I wouldnt, a credit means the surfer can keep doing it over and over and over again.
    To your point, Lee, if the refund is granted due to a valid reason, wouldn’t you want that consumer to come back? If it was a password issue, they could come back and become a good customer. But if they resort to a chargeback, they are definitely a lost customer. And if a refund is granted due to fraud or a customer charges-back, that customer’s card is blocked from ever using CCBill for any site. So, you are protected.

Chargebacks and refunds both cost CCBill – we are one of the only adult processing companies that doesn’t hit our clients with chargeback fees. With refunds, we loose our revenue portion of the sale and still have to pay the fees for processing - but you don't pay any processing fees.
    If I could speculate – I would think that if we only allowed chargebacks, we would possibly have to pass those fees along to our clients.
    Gary
    CCBill

Quote Originally Posted by ccjax View Post
    To your point, Lee, if the refund is granted due to a valid reason, wouldn’t you want that consumer to come back?
    So they could get another 5 days access and ask for another refund?

No thanks

Perhaps if there was a way that customer support could tell the client WHY a refund was issued that would help, normally if it is a problem with a user/pass not working ill get an email about it.

Regards,

Lee

SebSloPro
    We were with CCBill at first, as I'm sure most of you have read prior. Then we switched to Epoch. We don't do the primary / secondary stuff. We've dropped CCBill all together.

Anyways, CCBill is very bad at allowing chargebacks. I have a farely large network of 70+ membership sites in a network. We would get members who have purchased a 3 month membership. 60 days would pass with one month left on their membership. By that time they could have watched everything within our sites. And they would want to cancel. CCBill would allow them to create a chargeback. That's just one of the problems that I've had with CCBill.

The second problem that I had with CCBill was declines. I would receive 2-4 declines daily. CCBill would decline for the smallest reason. I would call CCBill via their support numbers, and they could never give me an answer of why they were declined. By that point, I had enough with CCBill but there were other reasons that I had left CCBill.

After finally having enough with CCBill, I dropped them and went to Epoch. Since I have joined Epoch, I have had 1 decline (the customer put in their credit card wrong), and the amount of declines from CCBill have of course dropped dramaticly.

Personally, I would suggest Epoch so much more than CCBill. Above are just some of my experiences.

Just putting in my 2 cents :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SebSloPro View Post
    Anyways, CCBill is very bad at allowing chargebacks. I have a farely large network of 70+ membership sites in a network. We would get members who have purchased a 3 month membership. 60 days would pass with one month left on their membership. By that time they could have watched everything within our sites. And they would want to cancel. CCBill would allow them to create a chargeback. That's just one of the problems that I've had with CCBill.
    CCBill has nothing at all to do with chargebacks, any surfer can chargeback at their bank for any reason and there is nothing any of the processors can do about it unfortunately

The second problem that I had with CCBill was declines. I would receive 2-4 declines daily. CCBill would decline for the smallest reason. I would call CCBill via their support numbers, and they could never give me an answer of why they were declined. By that point, I had enough with CCBill but there were other reasons that I had left CCBill.
    As with Chargebacks, i have absolutely no gripes about declines, for the most part, declines are out of CCBills control, id rather have 100 declines a day because of invalid or do not auth cards, than 100 extra sales on those cards which would eventually result in a chargeback.

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    One additional point. Customers that want a refund generally come to us first. Most don't even understand the payment processor relationship. We will not authorize a refund without a phone conversation first. If the customer is polite and meets certain criteria we will offer them a refund which we issue ourselves. We try to avoid have our customers contact CCBill directly because I believe it is a lot harder for them to hollar 'gimmee my money back' to someone whose face they know than a customer service agent.
    On the other hand, there is always going to be a nasty individual that will work the chargeback/refund system. I would rather a refund instead of chargeback anyday. We can blacklist them internally.

You didn't mention the fact that if it is an affiliate sale, you take a double hit on chargebacks. So here is our plan: the best customer service possible to cut off complaints that generate chargebacks and careful management of all affiliates.

Perhaps if there was a way that customer support could tell the client WHY a refund was issued that would help, normally if it is a problem with a user/pass not working ill get an email about it.
    Hi Lee,

There is.
    All that information is detailed in the System5 Admin - all refunds and chargebacks, and detailed reasons for each one. It also outlines detail on every decline for your site.

In the Transactions section for refunds/chargebacks and the Analysis section for declines.

If you need help finding the reports - give me a call.
    Gary
    CCBill

Quote Originally Posted by ccjax View Post
    If you need help finding the reports - give me a call.
    Thanks for the help with getting that refund reason report turned on for me in WebAdmin

It should have been turned on by default though hahaha

The good thing is, now i know its available to me ill be able to check it out in future

Regards,

Lee