Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F R I E N D S

TopBucks_Juan

F R I E N D S

Well, tonight is the finally episode of friends. I don't know how you all feel about this show but, I have watched it faithfully from the beginning. I am proud to even say that I own Seasons 1 - 7 on DVD and working on the rest.

My personal feelings are, that they have done a great job at entertaining us for the past 10 years. Some of the situations that the characters have gotten themselves into may seem a little outrageous at times, but all in all they have brought a lot of realism to their characters that all of us could relate too from one time to another. They have made me feel like I was part of there lives and when they cry, I cry...and when they laugh, I laugh. I actually feel like I have lost a family member.

So this is my little salute to friends. Feel free to express your feelings. I will anticipate finishing my work day and going home, get the tissues ready and watch the final episode.

Farewell to Friends...
    Last edited by TopBucks_Juan; 05-06-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Jasun
    It's one of those shows that I'll watch if it's on, and considering how it's usually showing simultaneously on 6 stations at any given time, it's hard to miss. What I find kind of funny about that show's popularity is that I would never.... EVER... hang out with any of those people. They're all self-obcessed boring, neurotic losers. But I get a kick out of watching them. Which pretty much describes just about every popular sit-com ever.. Seinfeld, Mary Tyler Moore, Laverne & Shirley, WKRP, Will & Grace ... The list goes on...

But for me, it's all about Buffy.

Amber C
    I am so going to miss this show. I know it is going to be on with re-runs for a long time though. I always get home EVERY day after work and watch the re-runs for 2 hours. It is like my fix. I can so see how many people can relate to one of the characters. Man I am really going to miss the show. Anyhow, Juan, who is your favorite character, or who can you relate to? Mine is Pheebee, she is so damn funny, she reminds me of me in soooo many ways. :bow:

Good Bye Friends!!!:crybaby:

TopBucks_Juan
    Originally posted by Amber C
    I am so going to miss this show. I know it is going to be on with re-runs for a long time though. I always get home EVERY day after work and watch the re-runs for 2 hours. It is like my fix. I can so see how many people can relate to one of the characters. Man I am really going to miss the show. Anyhow, Juan, who is your favorite character, or who can you relate to? Mine is Pheebee, she is so damn funny, she reminds me of me in soooo many ways. :bow:

Good Bye Friends!!!:crybaby:
    Phoebe would have to be my favorite character, or should I say makes me laugh the most. But I think I am more like Monica...as far as her whole persona.

Amber C
    Are you super silly like Monica is on the show? She cracxks me up when people get her place messy or she has to have something perfect for some reason or another...hehehe. I think other then Phoebe, the next one like me is Joey, then the next would be Rachel. All three of them are so funny and the things they do remind me of silly things that I do. Like When it always takes Joey an extra minute or so to get a joke....that's me all the way.....LMAO.

TopBucks_Juan
    Originally posted by Amber C
    Are you super silly like Monica is on the show? She cracxks me up when people get her place messy or she has to have something perfect for some reason or another...hehehe. I think other then Phoebe, the next one like me is Joey, then the next would be Rachel. All three of them are so funny and the things they do remind me of silly things that I do. Like When it always takes Joey an extra minute or so to get a joke....that's me all the way.....LMAO.
    I am so Monica...infact I was laughing so hard last week when Monica was try to get everyone to help pack the apartment...And Monica says, so caringly..."Now if I get on you or get upset with for doing something...It's only becuase you're doing it wrong!" Haha I am a total clean freak and organizational freak like Monica and very competitive. But not to the point where it is noticeable.
    Last edited by TopBucks_Juan; 05-06-2004 at 01:40 PM.

Amber C
    hehehe, that is funny Juan. I cracked up as well when she said that last week. I hope I don't cry tonight, but I am sure I will. Just like you said, when they laugh, I laugh and when they cry, I cry too. It really is almost like lossing a family member, they have been on for so long. Man, just thinking about it makes me think that I was only 14 when the show started, now I am 24 and it is all over. I need to go get the rest of the seasons on DVD for sure.

MacDaddy
    Originally posted by Jasun
    EVER... hang out with any of those people. They're all self-obcessed boring, neurotic losers.
    LMAO!! I don't really watch the show. But from what i've seen Joey and Phoebe are the best!! I can't stand Ross, he's like a whining, sulking little kid The thing that pisses me off about the show is that big beautiful apartment in NYC.... as if!!!

All in all, its a good show though.

Amber C
    Originally posted by MacDaddy
    LMAO!! I don't really watch the show. But from what i've seen Joey and Phoebe are the best!! I can't stand Ross, he's like a whining, sulking little kid The thing that pisses me off about the show is that big beautiful apartment in NYC.... as if!!!

All in all, its a good show though.
    I agree with you there, Ross absolutely gets on my nerves with his whining all of the time. It sounds like he speaks through his nose too.....LMAO.

Kath
    Fortunately this is the first Thursday in months that my daughter doesn't have a softball game at 8pm. I will be there - watching - saying goodbye... Friends has been on since my daughter was a toddler, watching Friends in the evening for "Mommy time" became a part of our lives... it was the only grown-up conversation I was able to hear for many years.

I will miss the show... but glad that they are going out on top of their game. Not like Frasier - gosh I stopped watching that years ago, was surprised that it's just now going off the air too. Didn't even realize it was still on. Ack!

:bow:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    So what happened?

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    They went for coffee.

Dzinerbear

AusCoding Allan
    Don't tell me anything yet, we don't see the final episode till later this year I am not reading anymore replies to this post, I don't want the whole show to be ruined NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO

My favourite show destroyed!

Cheers,

Allan

TabooPR
    Friends was absolutely one of my favorite programs. I too have watched it faithfully from the very beginning. I watched the finale and cried and laughed with them. I will miss tuning in every Thursday and losing myself in all the drama and antics of this show.

Have a great day
    Beth Belcher
    beth@taboorevenue.com

Ounique
    I watch it with it's on, and catch it mostly in repeats, but I stayed in and watched the final show. It made me sad just because it is the first long-term show that I had really watched in my adult life. I was 24 when it started and I'm 34 now, so the finale really made me think about the last 10 years. Not to mention that fact that the characters are all around the same age as I am.

I am so much like Phoebe it's scary. She is totally my favorite character. I'm glad the show will still be around in reruns. And I was happy with the ending. And I'm glad they were able to stick Gunther in there a little. He was a supporting cast member all these years and never really gets any credit.