Thread: What Makes A Board Become A Community?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought What Makes A Board Become A Community?

I was wondering what you folks thought about this question, with so many adult webmaster forums on the web, what makes you decide to call one of them 'home' over another, when does a simple message board become more than that, when does it become a community?

I realize its probably going to be a different answer for everyone but i figured it would be an interesting question to ask

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    When the board is active and he/she builds relationships with other board members. I also think when the actual board owner is involved with his own board, it makes it feel more like a community.

I know with me being involved with my own website, it has created a community because the actual owner is involved with his clients and it becomes more like a friendship/relationship.

I don't know.. kind of hard to explain...
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

That makes sense, so what else is there?

Regards,

Lee

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    I can tell you that too much bickering is a turn off for a board. I mean a little drama here and there fine, but when it comes to a full on war its just annoying and reminds me not even of high school, but more like junior high...
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    I can tell you that too much bickering is a turn off for a board. I mean a little drama here and there fine, but when it comes to a full on war its just annoying and reminds me not even of high school, but more like junior high...
    True enough, its like that on GFY and its always the SAME people that are bitching to but at least GFY bans them if they get out of hand.

I must admit though, sometimes its funny to watch the same couple of people bitch about the same people thread after thread like they are 'special' (and not in that Mommy says you are special way).

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    For me, I think that community is a function of mutual understanding, giving and receiving helpful information and advice and support of one another (as in when Bec had her heart attack).

One of the things people have always commented about this board is that it's such a friendly place... there are rarely flamefests or disagreement, lots of people that step up to provide assistance, advice, helpful criticism.

Compare this to, for example, GFY where there is so much noise and "would you hit this" it's near impossible to get helpful info.

Even GMS, which used to be a wonderful community, is really going down the tubes because of trouble stirred up by a small number of people and inadequate moderation.

It's a challenge to know just how much to interject and what actions to take to make a community work, but it's easy to see where one community's leaders (admin and mods) "gets it" and another does not.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    A place where you can help, been help, share information, have fun, but at all time RESPECT! I remember to first board I was posting when I start was really bad, poeple where calling eachother name, saying your site look like crap, better quit now, insted of giving advice and help. Now i only read and post here and 1 other board.

Cash in on LiveBucks

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Going out to dinner...

Buying content...

Seeing how big Dean is...

Making money through honest leads...

Seeing how the biz is run by the hardworking little people, not the big mouths...