Thread: Vista

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

Vista

I just have to say this outload today...

GOD DARN VISTA ULTIMATE

Must be a reason XP will have service pack 3 the same time as Vista will have service pack 1.

Then again, when you call IBM (thinkpad) they have a quick and easy process to "down grade" to XP from Vista. MMmmm.... I should have sold microsoft stock before they released it.
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I acquired my 5th Mac last night.

The new iMac: black, aluminum and glass. http://www.Apple.com

And there's this little program called Parallels Desktop, that you use to install XP, and run your Windows programs that don't have a Mac version.

I will be offloading my last PC - with VISTA - in a few weeks.

Well, it's my 6th Mac, if you count my iPhone.

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

vista pre-alpha

I agree...

My MAC runs windows XP perfect. I haven't tried Vista on it yet. I only get stuck testing each and every OS for media issues. Just in case we get a client that needs tech support on (enter OS and browser version here).

Never any fun when you are forced to keep tried and learning. I think we have everything from windows 98, xp, server 2000, vista with different hardware. We eeven have to keep current on all the MAC stuff. Me being the least apple friendly was given the task to learn how Mac's handle email, web content, media, and even how sites appear online. I think I my Mac as a Mac 95% of the time. I have to reboot it once every day or two but that is because of running windows on it.

If anyone wants me to test their site out on Vista drop me a note.

But, after a week with Vista.. I still think it sucks!

Microsoft has us paying to be beta testers. On the short not SP1 Vista will be out in january or february. Just in time for the newest Mac OS.
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I got Parallels installed on my iMac 20, and XP, and Quicken 2008.

Quicken 2008 does the Auto Update thing with the bank accounts just fine.

What a relief.

I also put Norton on XP, just am not sure if Norton for OSX also protects the XP shell, so I put Norton on both.

So far the only thing I don't like about Parallels is that it doesn't recognize the numeric keypad on the keyboard. Probably has something to do with that Microsoft retarded thing about the "numeric" key, which of course the Mac doesn't have per se.

SebSloPro
    I have to put in my 2 cents here.....

Recently a very good friend of mine sent a PC to me with XP. I absolutely love XP, it does exactly what you want it to. A hard drive crashed in it. So I thought SHIT! I have to get a new hard drive. So I priced a hard drive, a good one that I needed was frickin $140.00. Well, I looked at CircuitCity.com and they had a new PC that did what I needed it to for about $320.00 so I thought nice! I could scrap this other computer for parts, and build this new computer greater and better!

So, I went to Circuit City and bought the computer. the salesman at Circuit City told me this new computer had XP On it. So I was like SOLD! So I bring the computer home. The computer had vista on it. I had never seen Vista so I thought WOW! This is a really cool version of XP. Must be XP Professional or something. FUCKIN AYE! It had Vista.

So I started to do my video editing and encoding on it. But my video editing software (Sony Vegas) wouldn't work on it, it kept freezing up. So I thought this bites!

So I took the computer back to Circuit City. I told them my problem... They said 90% of the computer programs and software are not supported by Vista and wont work with it. I was like what the fuck, just give me my money back!

I ended up buying a new hard drive, and I bought the XP Software.

I refuse to ever use Vista again, and I do not suggest it to anyone!

This may be off the topic, but I just had to put in my 2 cents worth! :broccoli:

Corey Bryant
    I will say I do like Vista. The UAC gets in the way at times and I still have a XP Professional on another system. I have not disabled the UAC because it has helped me to prevent a mistake or two

Although I still have no idea what Microsoft is doing at times - i.e. they just released SP3 to Office 2003 which contained over 5,000 fixes.

We thought about getting a Mac when we sold the house but determined that we probably did not have the patience

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SebSloPro View Post
    I have to put in my 2 cents here.....

Recently a very good friend of mine sent a PC to me with XP. I absolutely love XP, it does exactly what you want it to. A hard drive crashed in it. So I thought SHIT! I have to get a new hard drive. So I priced a hard drive, a good one that I needed was frickin $140.00. Well, I looked at CircuitCity.com and they had a new PC that did what I needed it to for about $320.00 so I thought nice! I could scrap this other computer for parts, and build this new computer greater and better!

So, I went to Circuit City and bought the computer. the salesman at Circuit City told me this new computer had XP On it. So I was like SOLD! So I bring the computer home. The computer had vista on it. I had never seen Vista so I thought WOW! This is a really cool version of XP. Must be XP Professional or something. FUCKIN AYE! It had Vista.

So I started to do my video editing and encoding on it. But my video editing software (Sony Vegas) wouldn't work on it, it kept freezing up. So I thought this bites!

So I took the computer back to Circuit City. I told them my problem... They said 90% of the computer programs and software are not supported by Vista and wont work with it. I was like what the fuck, just give me my money back!

I ended up buying a new hard drive, and I bought the XP Software.

I refuse to ever use Vista again, and I do not suggest it to anyone!

This may be off the topic, but I just had to put in my 2 cents worth! :broccoli:
    That sucks, but personally I really appreciate stories like this.

temptationhouse
    tried linux and am perfectly happy with it... (suse, sabayon, ubuntu.. all are good)