Thread: No Offence Ladies But Why Are Women Crap With Technology? LOL

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Big Grin No Offence Ladies But Why Are Women Crap With Technology? LOL

Ive been dealing with some idiot for the last 3 days explaining how to use Evidence Wipe after she purchased it and the support tickets started coming in almost immediately after the transacation got processed...

How do i log in?
    How do i download now im logged in?
    How do i unzip this file?
    Where do i save this now its unzipped?
    Why isnt it working?
    Why does it make a funny noise?

Is it typical for women not to have a clue about technology?

I know mom always asks Gary and I about the VCR, her PC and other electronics stuff around the house so im wondering if this is a gender thing or if i just have non tech-savvy women in my life?

Regards,

Lee

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. RiotRacer's Avatar
    If you are dealing with people, not just womyn, but people around a certain age, their interaction with technology is going to be pretty similar.

But I'd bet that everyone in this community knows some pretty bad ass tech-chicks that would make your motherboard quake. Lord knows I do!

most of my male friends are also crap with technology, and while i'm not a tech wizard, i'm the one they come to when they can't figure out yet another thing i feel is perfectly obvious. my daughter - far from a computer fiend - can do all the normal things casual users do, and learned to do it without asking anyone (she read the help files) while my friend rick reformats every time something doesn't work.

and we have several male webmasters on this very board who learned every webmaster-related thing from me

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Most of my female friends are crap with tech, Don't know how to hock up a vcr, how to record, never computer... so I wonder, maybe it is a gender thing?

Cash in on LiveBucks

Xstr8guy
    Hmmm, Bec is the most knowledgable tech person I know. She understands the most complicated scripts and she builds her computer by hand. How does this fit into your theory that "women are crap with technology"?

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar
    My mum is a CEO for a distribution company, and she's a whiz with any office program, and a lot of other stuff. She's also working with their marketing department SEO stuff. My sister, on the other hand knows how to type and can get by in the office environment (my mum's teaching her, since they work together), she's not really technically inclined.

I think it mostly has to do with how the person's mind is oriented. Some people do well with technology and grasping the concepts... and remembering them.. than other people do. I don't really think it's gender specific... although I think the generation is a factor for the older crowd. But then again, my grandpa loves showing me all his new gadgets and digital cameras that he's gotten. He's a fiend at family functions with that Nikon. :hipster:
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.

my sister met her ex husband when they both worked as techs for a consumer electronics company. my mom was a computer repair person who worked on stuff like the computers at the police department before she became an engineer at a large aerospace company.

keep in mind that women aren't as confident and aren't in as many technical jobs because up until not that long ago, women weren't "supposed" to do these things. it wasn't due to lack of ability.

i'm sure that each person has their own group of acquaintances that could bolster that either men or women are better/worse at technology, but here's what i think of the most on this...

i had a friend who was support at earthlink. he felt that men and women were all equally stupid when it came to computers, and he felt they were stupid in close to equal numbers. my son's first job was at a video store, and while men and women seemed to have different problems that would make them call the store for help, it seems the average person is mystified when it comes to anything they have to do more than push the on button to use

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    "Math is hard!" was not Barbie's best line.

Madame0120
    :evilgrin:

Why can't men move shit when they dust?

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    "When you clean the floor, you've got to MOVE the tree"

Madame0120
    What I really want to know ..

is why do I get freakin' POP UPS on my GWW e mail notices??