Thread: Anyone with Adulthosting and experienced their poor customer service?

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went

Anyone with Adulthosting and experienced their poor customer service?

Anyone with Adulthosting and experienced their poor customer service?

Well, it's actually not a one or first time experience: It happened again and again during the past year when I had various smaller problems. Whilst I'm quite happy with their performance and stability of connection, I consider their help and customer service as poor and not acceptable.

The actual problem is that I can't log in to my web server at all. It seems that this problem exists since Thursday evening my time. At least that was when I last tried to update my website and I wasn't able to upload pictures via the admin tool. I put it to some connection problems, so I went to bed and postponed the update for the next day. After some early work I returned home by noon and was informed by my server admin that login to the server is not possible.

From that time I've tried to contact them by email, via their help interface on the website, and by ICQ, but until now I haven't receive any response at all. The phone, of course, is just an answering machine that tells me to call during business hours, which would be on Monday.

I mean this is just ridiculous. What kind of customer service is this for a company that deals with hosting on the internet, where companies rely on quick help to keep the business running? I mean a few hours to fix a problem.. granted.. but days? And what I consider worst is that there isn't even a note that they are working on the problem or an acknowledgment that my request for customer help was received.

Has anyone made a similar experience with Adulthosting?

How long have you been gay?
    Geez! That's bad, indeed, that you've not gotten a reply to your contacting them. I host my websites with AdultHosting, also. Have for over a year now. On a Dedicated Server. Thankfully, their customer service for it has been PROMPT and EFFICIENT. And I've initiated several requests. (My most recent service request was Aug 5 of this year ... on a Sunday night!) I email them at support@adulthosting.com ... usually get a response within an hour.

don't they have a phone number or icq support?

I don't have any experience with them, but if you are looking for a new hosting partner, I can get you setup with a dedicated server for a good deal - and this includes 24x7 phone and ticket support plus all management, maintenance and monitoring. We have special monitoring systems that alert us to anything unusual (like using too much or too little bandwidth compared to your historic usage) which automatically creates an urgent ticket, so if there are problems we usually have them fixed before you know there was a problem. Plus our policy is to answer all phone calls within 3 rings and tickets within 5 minutes, and all techies are fully qualified to help you (no 1st/2nd level support).

What are your hosting requirements? email me on sales@chilihost.com or PM me so that I can give you an option to look at.

cheers,
    Luke

Thanks for all your replies!

There is actually an update to the situation, even if the problem isn't solved yet. This morning I had an email from one of two support contacts (according to their website), who told me in a kind of snotty way to contact support by email (!) instead of bothering the sales department.

So what have I done wrong? I think nothing. I went to their website, hit the button that says 'Email Tech Support' and filled out their web form that says 'Contact our support team' and hit the send button. After 24 hours with no reaction from their side I tried to catch someone on ICQ, but my messages are being ignored, even though at least one of the reps was online almost all weekend. Phoning them is no option either because there is still the answering machine that tells me to call during business hours.

So I'm stuck with this poor and unprofessional customer service and have to wait until I get someone on the phone tomorrow.

@David
    I'm also on a dedicated server plan with them for over a year now. While their performance is close to perfect with little to no downtime, I've experienced poor and almost unwilling customer services almost from the start. They were happy to help me and do everything possible until I became a customer. But as soon as I had some requests it became difficult.

@Basschick
    Yes, they do. But no reply on ICQ (I'm being ignored) and the phone is an answering machine on weekends and after business hours.

@Luke
    Thanks for your offer! I will certainly look into options to move to a new hoster next week. I will contact you with requirements when I've talked to my server admin.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I gotta jump in here and say that there really isn't any way you can really understand what Luke is talking about with the level of service that NationalNet provides until you actually experience it.

I had been told it was amazing by practically everyone, and we finally took the plunge and moved a couple of our servers over to them about 2 months ago.

I've had servers with probably 10 different hosts over the past 10 years. There's no one remotely comparable to NatNet. They really will do *everything* including troubleshooting and installing 3rd party scripts, doing all the security updates to your box (without your needing to bug them to do so), moving everything over from your old provider to your new one seamlessly, and much more.

Every ticket is answered and almost always resolved in minutes, usually 5-10 minutes tops.

And a great value add that they don't even mention is they provide totally free backup service (scheduled as you wish, daily/weekly) with each server.

I know I sound like a salesperson for them, but I'm not... just a happy customer. You really should look into them, you won't believe how much it frees you up to do other things.

Chip, its great to hear followup like yours! And I am glad to have helped you make the move too

Thanks also to you, Chip. It's great to hear from satisfied customers and I don't mind if you sound like a salesperson. It just fits to the picture I already have from various other recent postings about Luke's services.

Well, the access problem was finally solved and an apology has been made. However, I still will look for an alternative because it wasn't the first time that I've experienced poor customer service with them

Xstr8guy
    I've been with Luke for quite some time now. I started with a shared server and now I have 2 dedicated boxes, one in the US and one in NL. I had always loved Luke's personal support. Amazingly, considering he was essentially a one man operation, he was almost always available when I needed something.

When he partnered with NatNet, I admit I was apprehensive about having my support handled by a 'megahost' like NatNet. But I have to say that the service through their ticketing system is nearly flawless. I almost always get a response within minutes. And when things have gotten serious and I needed extra support, Bill V. (the owner of NatNet) and Luke have both pitched in to resolve issues very quickly.

I know I can go elsewhere and probably get cheaper hosting... the thought has occasionally crossed my mind, . But then I shudder at the thought of getting subpar support from someone else.

Honestly, if your in this business to make money, you can't skimp on hosting. Reliability and excellent support are THE most important issues when you choose a webhost.