Thread: The right amount of Links for a Blog ?

lordkay333

I Wonder? The right amount of Links for a Blog ?

Hello everybody,

at the moment i'm working on a new set of blogs and i'm asking myself what's the right amount of links to

a) blog directories
    b) friendly sites ( hardlink trades )

What experiences have you made in this question ?
    The other question is, how much links you ad to your blog on just one day ?
    I have read about one Link per day. How do you handle this ?

Looking forward to your answers...

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    from my experience, the next blogs I will add no more than 4-5 links a week, to built the traffic steady. The first ones I link everything in a week, got huge amonut of traffic, than after 3 weeks in drop down a lot. So I think it's better to go slowly and the sufer bookmark you and subscribe to the rss feeds.

Cash in on LiveBucks

I usually add a base amount of links at the start and then build / tweak my blog so that it starts getting sales results. Once its tweaked and has a good base of content in its own archive, I get it submitted to as many places as possible.

I also do a "base" of links and then let the blog season out a bit (couple months) and then add a new trade every week or so for another 2 months. After that, I start getting very picky about trades, and look for ones that are from other seasoned blogs and ideally in a similiar niche as mine.

lordkay333
    Thanks for your answers. But what exactly do you understand under a "base amount of links" ?

a) 5-10
    b)10-15
    c)......

Quote Originally Posted by lordkay333 View Post
    Thanks for your answers. But what exactly do you understand under a "base amount of links" ?

a) 5-10
    b)10-15
    c)......

Well, for me, it's links back around to anything I own and/or operate blog wise of course, (currently 10 sites) and then I have 3 or 4 people that I typically do a new setup of trades with, so that's another 12-15 links. So on launch I'm showing about 20-30 links on day one. After a couple weeks of blogging, I then start doing my link site submits, with Gay Demon at the top of my list. I'll do at least one new submit a week for 2 months. After that, I start narrowing down the trades.

That more clear?

Madame0120
    Hi My name is Madame, and I'm a link whore.

Madame Knows is almost 2 years old now, and will be split up into several branded blogs, as soon as I get some time. Even though I have 100s of links, I run them at least once a week, and send out e mails to sites I can't find my link back on.

I also keep a list of BDSM Orgs, by state- that I have never gotten link backs from, but send me quite a bit of seo type-in traffic.

Madame, we should swap blogroll links!

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    Madame, we should swap blogroll links!
    Youbet! Love to have you there. You may already be there. LOL!

Anyone from GWW is welcome to be listed on Madame Knows. Hopefully by mid October, I'll have the time to split them up ... Madame Knows Gay Smut is the 1st on the list.

What Madame would love best, is to see some of her Buds over here, to sign up for BlueToon's Puppycash webmaster programs.