Thread: I need help with a project....

SebSloPro

I need help with a project....

I know I"m probably posting to the wrong area, but I figured hey what the hell.

We are working on some projects right now on websites. What I need help doing is figuring out how to make a webpage open up without the toolbar, the address bar, all of the navigations at the top of a webpage. The only thing it needs is the minimize & close buttons at the top right of the webpage. Nothing else, just a very basic simple page.

If anyone knows the html for it or any help at all, it'd be awesome!

The sites are being built on Frontpage 2003, Microsoft Expression, and a program called Namo Web Editor. We don't use that macromedia dreamweaver stuff.

I believe you will need to program a javascript popup or something similar to do this. Take a look at AEBN's video console code:
    PHP Code:
    <a href javascript:void(0onmouseover="window.status='Free XXX Video Clip';"     onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;" onClick="window.open ('http://freexxxvideoclip.aebn.net/index.cfm/fa/ClipViewerGraphics/tid/18/console_id/2/genrestub/gaylatin/color/5/genre_id/181/refid/AEBN-003996/.cfm', 'FreeXXXVideoClip','alwaysRaised=1, toolbar=0, scrollbars=0, location=0,statusbar=0, menubar=0, resizable=0, width=650,height=402');" 
    see the way they specify statusbar, menubar and resizable to 0 thru a javascript code

by the way, stay away from FrontPage for your programming - it not only adds "bloat-code" to your pages but it is also discontinued and even unsupported as of last year.

SebSloPro
    Thank you for helping me with the script.

However, we only use Frontpage for simple addins, not to develop an entire site or webpage.

Honestly, I may sound illiterate here, but we know nothing about dreamweaver. We've tried it, but it was extremely confusing so we stopped. We've found that it's more for high-end programmers and things of that nature. Nothing offensive! :-)

Again, thank you so much for your help!

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by SebSloPro View Post
    We've found that it's more for high-end programmers and things of that nature.
    I have to disagree ..

It can't be that hard to learn .. since I use it and I had zero computer training, when DW & FW was loaded on my machine. Heard at our Home Office ...Hey hunny .. what's My Documents?

However, that may have been an advantage - nothing to unlearn.

There was some hands on instructions from Roy .. when I got frustrated enough to throw something, and I now make it do most anything I want it to.

I bet you are a smart fella, and could get it dicked - if you needed to.

SebSloPro
    Chilihost, you need to clear some diskspace so that I can send you a message haha.
    Or do you have an email address I can email?
    Or better yet, if you have AIM, I'm nowat1ent

sorry....i did clear out my pm box!

Quote Originally Posted by SebSloPro View Post
    Thank you for helping me with the script.

However, we only use Frontpage for simple addins, not to develop an entire site or webpage.

Honestly, I may sound illiterate here, but we know nothing about dreamweaver. We've tried it, but it was extremely confusing so we stopped. We've found that it's more for high-end programmers and things of that nature. Nothing offensive! :-)

Again, thank you so much for your help!
    I am not saying you have to learn dreamweaver or anything, its just that FP is really not a nice solution for oh soooooooo many reasons.

For your immediate needs, just take a look at that line of code (or have your programmer look at it), its pretty straight forward and you just need to change a few variables like the URL to get it to work for you.

cheers,
    Luke

Xstr8guy
    Wow! Someone else that uses Namo! I love it and have used it for years.

Sorry I can't help you with your problem though.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'd take another look at Dreamweaver, and maybe spend the $20 and join Lynda.com for a month and do their Dreamweaver tutorial.

I think you'll find, once you've used it a little while, it's MUCH nicer than Frontpage, and as Luke says, it doesn't gunk up your HTML (not to mention, there are fewer and fewer hosts that support Frontpage extensions.)

I am no HTML guru and I can manage to do a lot of stuff with Dreamweaver. I can't imagine having to go back to Frontpage now.

SebSloPro
    XStr8guy... I love Namo! It's so awesome! No programming experience needed, it makes scripts for you, it's VERY easy to learn, it is a little advanced in some areas, but nothing you can't learn in 5 minutes. It was the best $60.00 I ever spent!!! HAHAHA!

As for Dreamweaver... I'm not one that has patience. I have one person working for me.. his job is to manage my studio's gay content (Sebastian Sloane Productions / www.SebastianSloaneProductions.com) and that's all his job.

I own sites from DVD Sales, over 100 content membership sites, affiliate program, video on demand, coming soon a download to own site, producing studio content, video editing and authoring, and not to mention the 1,000 emails that pour in daily.
    So I don't have the time to sit down and learn something new. I like something that is user friendly (or JJ friendly HAHA). I don't have the time to lose working on learning something new right now or losing money on learning something new when I could be spending that time on doing stuff that would make "quick money."

Oh, I think I failed to mention that I create the sites with Namo Web Editor (Latest edition) www.namo.com and I upload them to the site, then I outsource a web-designer to go through and clean up the sites, make them hot, etc. and he goes in behind me and re-does that site in dreamweaver.

So over and all, the sites are developed as dreamweaver.