Thread: Hosting Needs

SebSloPro

Hosting Needs

I currently have web-hosting. I use a company out of Germany. I pay $45 every 6 months for 3600GB of Bandwidth, 360GB of Disk Space. It's a full server, unlimited emails, it's awesome!

However, here's my problem. To FTP large files to my hosting company that I use now, it takes aprox. 1 hour per every 30MB or so to upload. This is a problem for me.

I'm starting a very large site, and will need to upload 500MB videos to it on a regular basis. It's one of those things that I just cannot wait on nor do I have the patience :haha:

Like I said, I'm starting a very large site that is going to need constant updates, about 5-10 videos or so will need to be added per week.

Does anyone know of a host in the U.S. that has reasonable hosting?

I'm looking for 250GB (or more) in disk space, and I'd like triple or more than that in bandwidth. Or what I'm getting now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

How long have you been gay?
    Hello JJ,

Well there are certainly plenty of hosts here in the states that could provide you the network, infrastructure, and servers to meet your requirements (including Caro.Net) but I don't know of any that could come close to the pricing model that you are referencing.

At that level of pricing just copy your content on to some form of portable media and mail it back and forth.

Gongratz on growth though.
    Mark M, 727-433-0745
    MMemmer@CaroHosting.com Support is everything!
    ICQ# 40467849, AIM MMemmer333

rkobcan
    Upload speed might be controled by your ISP! What is your cap for upload with them. Maybe they can improve it.

You can test your upload speed at http://www.speedtest.net/

SebSloPro
    Thank you everyone for your compliments. That truly means a lot to me as a little guy from you big foots! (no pun intended... bigger companies = big foots).

I've came a very long way in the year that I've been in business.... I started out with 6 produced DVDs, now I have over 70. I started out with one website: SebastianSloaneProductions.com

Now I have 100+ membership sites
    3 studio lines
    A webmaster affiliate program (SebastianBucks.com)
    A DVD Sales site (ending very soon)
    A Seasonal Publication

And I have a download 2 own / vod site coming October 1st. This is what I'm looking for better hosting for.

However, I have found a 2nd hosting company (I'm keeping all my sites but one with my now Hosting Company). And I'm taking my coming soon d2o site with a new hosting company.
    The hosting company I'm going to use is Chili Host. My best friends at Hot Desert Knights referred me to them and I spoke with a couple other companies that utilize their services, and I'm going to join their team! :-)

Honestly, I'm tickled queer to go with them, HAHAHAHA :yeah:

Again, thank you so much for your support and compliments. Your the best!

Quote Originally Posted by SebSloPro View Post
    Thank you everyone for your compliments. That truly means a lot to me as a little guy from you big foots! (no pun intended... bigger companies = big foots).

I've came a very long way in the year that I've been in business.... I started out with 6 produced DVDs, now I have over 70. I started out with one website: SebastianSloaneProductions.com

Now I have 100+ membership sites
    3 studio lines
    A webmaster affiliate program (SebastianBucks.com)
    A DVD Sales site (ending very soon)
    A Seasonal Publication

And I have a download 2 own / vod site coming October 1st. This is what I'm looking for better hosting for.

However, I have found a 2nd hosting company (I'm keeping all my sites but one with my now Hosting Company). And I'm taking my coming soon d2o site with a new hosting company.
    The hosting company I'm going to use is Chili Host. My best friends at Hot Desert Knights referred me to them and I spoke with a couple other companies that utilize their services, and I'm going to join their team! :-)

Honestly, I'm tickled queer to go with them, HAHAHAHA :yeah:

Again, thank you so much for your support and compliments. Your the best!
    Thanks to that hot stud Bill for his recommendation and it was an absolute thrill to tickle JJ ....errr, to help JJ

SebSloPro
    HAHAHA It doesn't take much to thrill me :cheekymonkey: :cheekymonkey:

Xstr8guy
    I have the same problem with upload speeds. The speedtest site shows that I have upload speeds of around 400kps. My ISP (AT&T) says I have a max of 768kps. But my ftp client (WS-FTP Pro) always shows me maxing at 54kps. What's going on? Is the bottleneck my ftp client?!

SebSloPro
    i often wonder the same thing.
    We use FileZilla to FTP. Is ther anything better or am I using an a-okay program?

Inactive GWW Members

Happy

Try Dream Host
    $7.95/month for around 2000 GB bandwidth, unlimited domains and subdomains, 1 FREE domain registration included in the price, 200 GB disk storage!
    or
    Exmasters' gift - $0.29/GB for galleries.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I have the same problem with upload speeds. The speedtest site shows that I have upload speeds of around 400kps. My ISP (AT&T) says I have a max of 768kps. But my ftp client (WS-FTP Pro) always shows me maxing at 54kps. What's going on? Is the bottleneck my ftp client?!
    How large are the files you are uploading?

Small files I don't get a good upload speed. Large files I do. Not sure why.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    I host w/ Chili. The best host I have had in this biz by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Are you sure you are measuring the same thing? check that both are KB/sec and not kbps (Bytes vs bits). Check this for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kbit/s

SebSloPro
    I'm starting with ChiliHost. I've spoken to a couple other studios that host with Chili, and they've all had really good things to say about ChiliHost. I think I'm going to be happy joining them.

I have REALLY GOOD hosting now, but the problem is I'm uploading to Germany. So that's the only reason I'm leaving mine and going to them. But I think eventually I'll be taking all my sites to ChiliHost if all works out.

for anyone else reading this thread, don't use dream host if you need uptime. we have a mainstream site on one of their servers, and it has literally daily downtime. we also had an adult project that wasn't uptime-critical on another one of their servers, but the downtime got to be too much and i had to move the site elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    Try Dream Host
    $7.95/month for around 2000 GB bandwidth, unlimited domains and subdomains, 1 FREE domain registration included in the price, 200 GB disk storage!
    or
    Exmasters' gift - $0.29/GB for galleries.

SebSloPro
    Not all hosting companies can guarantee 100% uptime. The usual is like 99.8% uptime.

But being down daily is obserd and rediculous.