Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How should I choose my new BILLER?

MistahTaylor

How should I choose my new BILLER?

Im currently looking at my options for a new biller..
    This is my first time looking for a biller so what are the pros and cons of CCBILL/EPOCH/VERATEL or however you spell it

what should I look out for?
    also what do you think is the best solution for me to start out with?

Please give me your opinion cause I wanna make sure I make the right choice and the good choice.

Im sure there is some sort of difference so it would be nice to know what Im looking at on those avenues

if you have $1500 - hopefully you do - sign up with ccbill and epoch. then you can use epoch's cascading feature. later on, if you choose, you can add a cascading program like NATS, too. plus you can mirror your tour twice and offer those affiliates who want to use only ccbill or only epoch an epoch-only and ccbill-only tour.

i don't care for verotel myself - they''re not very flexible and their affiliate stats blow - but it's good if you're broke or not in a country that is currently accepted by ccbill or epoch.

if you decide to go with EITHER ccbill or epoch, both are good companies. more affiliates know ccbill, and ccbill does allow affiliates to keep all their accounts in one master account so they receive only one check. i think epoch is working on this, but i don't think an affiliate can do this themselves yet. epoch is the king of cross sales and seems to have a slighly higher acceptance rate. honestly you can't go wrong with either of them.

Dzinerbear
    Right now, I'd say Epoch is your best option because their new system cascades. So if the sale is decline by Epoch, it'll go to ccbill. That will increase your revenue. But I believe ccbill is debuting a similar system shortly. (I might be wrong there.) Verotel, in my opinion, is a "only if you have to" biller. They've also had some problems in the past and they process for some pretty questionable stuff. I'd stick with Epoch or ccbill.

Epoch also has more options for European customers who don't always use or have credit cards.

Michael

MistahTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    if you have $1500 - hopefully you do - sign up with ccbill and epoch. then you can use epoch's cascading feature. later on, if you choose, you can add a cascading program like NATS, too. plus you can mirror your tour twice and offer those affiliates who want to use only ccbill or only epoch an epoch-only and ccbill-only tour.

i don't care for verotel myself - they''re not very flexible and their affiliate stats blow - but it's good if you're broke or not in a country that is currently accepted by ccbill or epoch.

if you decide to go with EITHER ccbill or epoch, both are good companies. more affiliates know ccbill, and ccbill does allow affiliates to keep all their accounts in one master account so they receive only one check. i think epoch is working on this, but i don't think an affiliate can do this themselves yet. epoch is the king of cross sales and seems to have a slighly higher acceptance rate. honestly you can't go wrong with either of them.

Yes I have more than enough money.. cash is not a problem financially I dont care what the cost is.. I just wanna know what the best solution is.. Thank you dzinerbear and basschick

in that case, go for both. it allows you the most flexibility and you can go with epoch cascading to ccbill right away, which means some more sales than you would have had. what's more, while you could license NATS, i think beginning programs are helped by having the biller pay the affiliates directly, so perhaps it's to your advantage to start out with epoch cascading to ccbill.

and michael, i also remember hearing that ccbill is working on their cascading solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MistahTaylor View Post
    Yes I have more than enough money.. cash is not a problem financially I dont care what the cost is.. I just wanna know what the best solution is.. Thank you dzinerbear and basschick

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Go for both. Stay away from Verotel if you want affiliates. It's a POS.

MistahTaylor
    LOL is verotel like that old biller.. Hmm Im trying to think of there name.. Chip help me out with this one.. Are they likee that biller that went out of business and didnt pay anyone? Or was not paying anyone LOL.. I forgot there name it has come to a loss for some reason.. Someone refresh my memory HEHE

Think big. Shoot hard.
    There have been two main billers that went bust.

DMR a long time ago
    Ibill more recently

I wouldn't compare Verotel to that. I have had some bounced checks a year or so ago. But, signing up as an affiliate is a pain in the ass. And depending on your join options, you may have to signup more than once just to market the same site. I believe it has to do if the site offers a non recur option.

Plus, their stats are HORRIBLE.

Most webmasters that use them really can't pay the visa fee or they got declined because of content issues with another processor.

MistahTaylor
    I think it was Ibill I was thinking of.. :p

there was also globill, pswbilling and one more i can't think of the name of... although i believe both paid off the money owed ultimately.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    ACPays was another.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistahTaylor View Post
    Yes I have more than enough money.. cash is not a problem financially I dont care what the cost is..
    spoken like a man who has a company expense account~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

MistahTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    spoken like a man who has a company expense account~
    HAHA thanks to my family LOL.. HAHA that quote made me sound like a complete snobby bitch.. Leave it to chad thanks.. LOL playing did you check out my penis pics yet :playboy:

my 2 cents: if money is not an issue, start off properly by leasing NATS for $150/mo, then changing billers in the future will a lot easier and you won't have to force your affiliates to change their link codes.

For billers, I would go with epoch and ccbill for cc processing and gxbill for phone billing. Both epoch and ccbill have their own strengths, if you want to maximize your sales you will research those strenghts and setup geotargeted cascades as appropriate.

cheers,
    Luke

MistahTaylor
    Wow sounds good Thanks chilihost.