Thread: Godaddy and DNS

Think big. Shoot hard.

Godaddy and DNS

Is there a way to add a dns profile in godaddy so I don't have to keep entering each time. I have my DNS pointing to multiple places and each time I register a domain I have to think what hosting company I want to put it on..

Thx
    Lloyd

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Switch to Enom and host all your DNS on their rock solid, geographically diverse DNS network.

If you own a bunch of domains, prices are competitive with GoDaddy, and there are no hidden BS fees ($100 if your domain gets a spam complaint and that sort of thing).

Plus, Enom offers free email forwarding, and you don't have to endure 300 pages of BS trying to upsell you on crap you don't want when you go to register a domain.

I've hosted all our sites DNS on Enom for several years. It was a snap when we recently switched to NatNet, because I was able to test things back and forth between the old provider and the new one, and when we were ready to cut over to NatNet, it took me maybe 10 minutes to switch all the sites in the Enom DNS panel, and another 20 minutes for it to propagate.

Really not trying to sound like a salesman for Enom, but they're gigantic, you can reach a real person to get support, they seem very solid, and of all the registrars I've used (including GoDaddy), they have the least BS and the most services for the $. (Remember, GoDaddy has to pay for their expensive Superbowl ads somehow...)

Think big. Shoot hard.
    I have an enom account that I use. I really should transfer all my domains to them. I think I get a better price than godaddy as well.

Why I use godaddy I have no idea. Stupidy maybe.

Lloyd