Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What AVS Systems Work...

SebSloPro

What AVS Systems Work...

Well, I figured I would post my experiences with AVS / AEN Systems, maybe some can learn from it, or maybe some can share information from them.

I've tried the following AVS Systems:
    ManSites
    Global Male Pass
    Adult Check
    and Ugas

Here's what I've discovered....

Mansites:
    Mansites are good for trading traffic. You earn like $20.00 per sign-up. I've never made a dime from them. However, I've gained a lot of memberships to my sites through them.

Global Male Pass:
    Global Male pays a percentage per sign-up. I've made a chunk of change with them. But they're horrible on trading traffic. I've never received a membership from them.
    Although, Global Male is good at screwing people over.

Adult Check:
    I don't really recall what they pay. I have maybe 8 sites with them. Again, much like Mansites, I've never made any money with them, I've gained only a couple memberships from them within the 4 months I've had sites with them.

UGAS:
    Same with Adult Check.

I've learned with AVS Systems / Programs, it's a toss-up. You have to make time to give them dozens upon dozens of sites with them and invest a lot of time to make them work for you, once you do that, they work. It's not one of those things that you can just let them sit and make money, very time consuming.

I just figured I'd post my 2 cents worth.

Xstr8guy
    You've never tried Mancheck?! They are awesome for rebills on Plus sites. They aren't so great for upsells to paysites though. I've had much better luck making upsells to paysites on UGAS sites but their Platinum program doesn't retain nearly as good as Mancheck.

Xstr8guy
    Btw, the key to upselling on UGAS is making really good custom FPA's that appear before your member's area after the member has logged in. If only Mancheck allowed them, I bet upsells would be stronger with them.

Make the FPA's as large as UGAS allows... don't use little 800x600 tables. Those are to easy for the surfer to ignore.

SebSloPro
    this may sound really stupid, but whats an FPA?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    FPA is a Full Page Ad - like this one http://www.horny-gay.com/first-blind...te-half-01.jpg

The image linkes IMHO would be considered an HPA (Half Page Ad) or even less.

I've seen FPA from BrokeStraightBoys.com - maybe someone posts an example for him

DEVELISH

... going to bed now - take care y'all
    :-D

SebSloPro
    Oh okay, I got ya now haha! Thanks for the example!

Xstr8guy
    On UGAS, you can select whether to use one of their FPA's, use your own sponsor's FPA or have nothing at all. I don't recommend using any of UGAS in-house FPA's as they are pretty much defunct paysites.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    FPA is a Full Page Ad - like this one [url]http://www.horny-gay.com/first-blind/banners/malesupersite-half-01.jpg[/url
    That may be considered an FPA by most webmaster's standards but on UGAS you can use a much bigger image/table. Mine typically look like short tour pages for a paysite. In fact, I used to save tour pages from a sponsor and edit the html and display the hottest parts of the tour. I've had amazing conversions with a variety of sponsors using this method.

One thing to remember about UGAS members, they LOVE new or underexposed sponsor sites. Those are some pretty jaded surfers and they tend to tune out over-exposed sites.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    and if you submit to link lists keep in mind some won't list you because of the FPA

i've always had pretty good luck up selling on UGAS with just ads. But mine are all mostly text, no banners

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    and if you submit to link lists keep in mind some won't list you because of the FPA

i've always had pretty good luck up selling on UGAS with just ads. But mine are all mostly text, no banners
    Yes and no. Some link lists wont list a free site with a FPA, but for some reason they will list the UGAS sites.

A good FPA (think first page of boysfirsttime) on a UGAS site that gets submitted to link lists can make some sales.

Regards,
    Lloyd

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Yes and no. Some link lists wont list a free site with a FPA, but for some reason they will list the UGAS sites.

A good FPA (think first page of boysfirsttime) on a UGAS site that gets submitted to link lists can make some sales.
    I remember the old days as a surfer on dial-up and the only FPA that UGAS had was their own FPA for BFT. And it took about 3 minutes to download! And when I finally became a webmaster, they still were using BFT. And it was a terrible combo with my content of bears and mature men, .

Think big. Shoot hard.
    You make me feel old. Damn! I remember when gaymen was the middle page before BoysFisrtTime. UGH!

Regards,
    Lloyd

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    You make me feel old. Damn! I remember when gaymen was the middle page before BoysFisrtTime. UGH!

Regards,
    Lloyd
    Gaymen still is the backend for the Platinum member's area. That's why their Platinum program doesn't retain anymore

Dzinerbear
    Your less-than-satisfying results with AVS is probably because you're just looking at them as a traffic generator for your paysite. That's the problem a lot of webmasters make. If you actually put more effort into selling the AVS, you'll increase your revenue and probably do some good cross-selling, too. Way back when AVS started, you could put up a picture and say, "Buy this," and they did. But you need to work a little harder to make your sites appealing and to tell the surfer why they need the AVS. And if an AVS looks at your galleries as simply traffic syphons, they're not going to be too keen on working with you.

Michael

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    Your less-than-satisfying results with AVS is probably because you're just looking at them as a traffic generator for your paysite. That's the problem a lot of webmasters make. If you actually put more effort into selling the AVS, you'll increase your revenue and probably do some good cross-selling, too. Way back when AVS started, you could put up a picture and say, "Buy this," and they did. But you need to work a little harder to make your sites appealing and to tell the surfer why they need the AVS. And if an AVS looks at your galleries as simply traffic syphons, they're not going to be too keen on working with you.

Michael
    Good point Michael. And webmasters can still make a good living by doing AVS the right way. But I doubt that Seb is looking to make money selling AVS memberships. As a paysite operator, I'm quite sure he is looking at AVS simply as traffic generation for his program.