Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorenson ugh!

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.

Sorenson ugh!

Okay, back to the well. Sorenson Squeeze is getting worse and worse. Time to scrap it. What other mac based compression software you yall recomend. I have used compressor and while it does a fine job, it is slow as hell.

Sorenson has been a huge mistake for us.

surprised to hear it. is there a version of canopus for mac?

I don't know. I can check it out and see. What do you think of cleaner?

cleaner as in plugin for premier, as in the program that is also a ripper or anotehr cleaner?

Cleaner by Autodesk.

I wish I knew. I just export from FC Pro using the flip4mac plugin. I don't like it but as far as that method it's the only game in town.

It makes me want to drop WMV and just stick to Quicktime.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    I don't know. I can check it out and see. What do you think of cleaner?
    Cleaner doesn't work well with DRM, Alex.
    Check out Episode and Flip4Mac as an option, as well.
    http://www.flip4mac.com/products.htm
    Gary
    CCBill

Gary,
    Thanks for the heads up. That would have been a $600 mistake. I ran a search on Episode and found this which explains one of the problems with Sorenson. We light the hell our of our projects and after they are compressed they are too dark. Then to lighten them in sorenson to get the back to the correct levels, the pictures lose clarity. Wow. And here I thought it was me.

Alex

Ran a bunch of samples with episode pro and LOVE it! These look so much better then the sorenson ones. What do you guys think? The clarity is WAY better...http://74.200.200.50/allnewpsd/Caleb...64_1Mbit_1.mov

What's the difference between using Episode and using FC Pro's flip4mac export plugin ?

I honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    Ran a bunch of samples with episode pro and LOVE it! These look so much better then the sorenson ones. What do you guys think? The clarity is WAY better...http://74.200.200.50/allnewpsd/Caleb...64_1Mbit_1.mov
    Looks great - as does your model...

I am not sure of all the differences, but some of the Episode products do batch conversions and handle a ton of formats, including Flash video.
    They have free trials for most every product, so you can try it out.
    Gary
    CCBill

i wish there was a version for pc to try but i didn't see one on their website.

I'm very happy with the trial. They have a deal for cleaner users so I'm hoping they will extend it if I trade in my sorenson license!

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i wish there was a version for pc to try but i didn't see one on their website.
    Nope - Episode is Mac only.
    One of our other contacts in the encoding space offers a new PC based transcoder -
    called VT3 - at http://www.VT3Studio.com
    They have trials and it is a pretty solid product for PC - though not as robust as Episode.
    Gary
    CCBill