Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whos your cell carrier and why?

MistahTaylor

Whos your cell carrier and why?

So after I accidently disrupted the iphone thread which Im terribly sorry for.. I just actually was wondering somethings that I thought would be interesting to know..

I dont know if this has been brang up in a past thread and Im sure it has

but..

What cell phone are you carrying? Do you like it?
    Who is your business cell carrier and why did you choose them?
    Are you planning on a changing or keeping them?

I noticed people have a lot to say about there cell phones and carriers.. Would love to hear more about how your plan is treating you.
    KT

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    the pink T

we jumped because Cingular became ATT and after so many years with them they wouln't shave the phone upgrade fees and acted like they didn't care at all what we wanted. Now we get flyers in the mail begging us to come back with a nice deal. Pshhh

- for not dropping calls - i can actually dial from home. my neighbor has to go sit in the bushes outside to talk to her mum!!! :cheerleader:

- 1 year contract available, not that i'll move but still it's nice to not sign my life away

- fucking nice customer service - the other day i asked my bonus minutes to be moved so we can share them, the lady on the phone said she would and give me more, again, so i wont run out!!

- MyFaves

- GSM so i can buy phones on a whim

- good bang for the buck overall

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    ATT been with them for 5 years no reason to change.

MistahTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    the pink T

we jumped because Cingular became ATT and after so many years with them they wouln't shave the phone upgrade fees and acted like they didn't care at all what we wanted. Now we get flyers in the mail begging us to come back with a nice deal. Pshhh

- for not dropping calls - i can actually dial from home. my neighbor has to go sit in the bushes outside to talk to her mum!!! :cheerleader:

- 1 year contract available, not that i'll move but still it's nice to not sign my life away

- fucking nice customer service - the other day i asked my bonus minutes to be moved so we can share them, the lady on the phone said she would and give me more, again, so i wont run out!!

- MyFaves

- GSM so i can buy phones on a whim

- good bang for the buck overall
    I have to agree TMOBILE.. Is amazing.. your talking about TMOBILE right? Im actually shocked that they can offer such an amazing service with such a huge variety of phones at an amazing value I love my service with tmobile and almost everytime I call in with a problem they give me a bonus 100 minutes. Also every problem I have ever had I have never ever gotten a "NO" from them it is always yes.. The funny thing is I always have service no matter what and I travel awhole lot as well.. So I pay the extra 19 dollars a month and I can literally take my phone anywhere in the world
    ( china, russian, europe ) I guess it pays to have tmobile. They are the largest cell phone provider in EUROPE as well as german and I guess I have always liked german cars and many other things they make . Plus with my TMOBILE dash there is no going back for me. :cheekymonkey: the phone fucking rocks!

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I have been with T Mobile for a long time. My phone does work just about everywhere I go, and even in Europe and Thailand the Caller ID still works.

However, I do have occasional problems with reception and dropped calls. I have yet to hear from someone [other than Miss Taylor] that loves their cell phone carrier. Other than Kelly, 100% of the people I ask would like to switch to another carrier if all the other carriers were not JUST LIKE all the other carriers! Every one of them has reception problems SOMEWHERE, every one of them will drop calls SOMEWHERE, and until a carrier figures out how to provide great coverage and global service I will stick with the devil I know instead of the devil I don't.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    I have Verizon, never had a dropped call with them! Matter of fact I am using it right now as my high speed connection. I am up north visiting family and using it tethered to my laptop, and it flys!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

MistahTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I have been with T Mobile for a long time. My phone does work just about everywhere I go, and even in Europe and Thailand the Caller ID still works.

However, I do have occasional problems with reception and dropped calls. I have yet to hear from someone [other than Miss Taylor] that loves their cell phone carrier. Other than Kelly, 100% of the people I ask would like to switch to another carrier if all the other carriers were not JUST LIKE all the other carriers! Every one of them has reception problems SOMEWHERE, every one of them will drop calls SOMEWHERE, and until a carrier figures out how to provide great coverage and global service I will stick with the devil I know instead of the devil I don't.
    But you have to admit chad.. Tmobile even though yeah they maybe have there bad sides ( which I have never experienced ).. for the money I rather put up with tmobile then the other bullshit I had to deal with spring, and cingular ( I dunno I guess Im sorry for not complaining about my cell service but hey I love them ) Thats a good thing right?? *scratches head* .. I have never had verizon but they seem to be my second choice if I ever do get rid of tmobile which will be never

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I've been with Sprint PCS since 1997, when they had ONE city (San Diego.) Their network is decent. Their customer service has gone from amazing to ho-hum to terrible to not-quite-awful-but-pretty-bad over the past 10 years.

I have heard from practically everyone that Verizon has the best, most reliable network of any of the carriers, but they also seem to have the most evil and ridiculous customer service policies. (Not to mention the highest prices.)

AJ HATES AT&T but is so far stuck with them (he has an iPhone.) He says their customer service is awful, the network is crappy, and they pile a million ridiculous fees on top of the base rate (over and above the taxes.)

I've heard pretty good things about T-mobile, but I've also heard their network is more spotty than Sprint and Verizon.

Honestly, as Chad said, I don't think there's any carrier that has a great network, good customer service, and fair prices. Which is a shame, but I suppose isn't really surprising. Big business is more focused on money than on happy customers.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    part of the drop calls problem is the phones themselves
    but also infrastructure
    in urban, and rural areas too, building owners or those who work in them don't want cells near them

my bf worked at a place like that
    Sprint and Verizon put up big ass cells on the last floor
    then when the bosses came from overseas to visit
    and saw the cells, employees complained, and both companies were told to go up and remove the antennas

so now everyone in the area has to live with dropped calls because nearby homeowners don't want a tower
    and those in business buildings don't want cells placed on those buildings and radiation hitting them

odd thing is tmobile and att are on the same towers where we are yet I have 5 bars on tmobile and no drops

T has to work more on the phone selection though.
    I wanted a Nokia but they had like 1 or 2 models only :thumbsdown:

MistahTaylor
    I think there phone selection is pretty good but I guess it depends on what your looking for.. have you played with the dash it is outrageous but once again that is my opinion :gossip:

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    In 2005, I switched from Sprint to Cingular because in Hollywood/West Hollywood, Sprint service was too unreliable (as in dropped calls).

That made to transition to my Apple iPhone fairly painless in June, since Cingular became AT+T.

I have a 450 minute plan. which works for me because I also have Skype for $30/yr, for 24 hour a day calls to US & Canada.

Both are Bluetooth so I am hands free, at the office and on the road.

MistahTaylor
    Isnt the 450 39.99.. at cingular the plan I currently have with tmobile would run me around 89.99 plus tax and I pay 39.99... I do recognize that they have a faster network and everyone uses there network for different things.. But tmobile has said when there network is upgraded next year that there plans will not go up.. I assume they waited for the price to come down on the technology to save there customers money and keep some sort of retention instead of making a risky price jump and losing tons of people..

I would have to say chip that my tmobile not any worse than SPRINT ( remember the cabin trip my phone is the only that worked but like chad said I guess there all spotty somewhere hehe).. The honest truth behind it is.. When Im not on tmobiles network Im on cingulars.. That is tmobiles roaming partner.. JD Power and Associates and Consumer reports gave tmobile best customer service and least dropped calls last year so I dunno ( Im not saying it is better than everyone elses service Im just giving you history on what I have experienced and nickbaer is right it depends on what phone you have as well and I have always went with tmobiles best PDA) .. Im pretty happy with what I have and when I had sprint I had the worst nightmare I have ever had in my whole life.. Not to mention there phones dont work on vacation in foreign regions. Which is a huge plus to me..

But this is just my EXP.. :cigarette:
    I also suppose the perks of having WIFI on my phone means I dont rely heavily on a fast wireless network which a lot of people do in the adult industry so that is one downside to tmobile at the current moment even though there network is still pretty good for wireless internet access but not as good as verizon and cingular for speed.. but that is where the wifi comes in for that extra boos.

Sprint's network is much faster then tmobiles network. Tmobile is on the edge network just like at&t and it runs at the max 120kbs as Sprint and Verizon go up to 800kbs (broadband). Sprint and Verizon just launched Rev A and it is quick! At&T and Tmobile are way behind the ball on their network speed, like 10 years behind!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

MistahTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam View Post
    Sprint's network is much faster then tmobiles network. Tmobile is on the edge network just like at&t and it runs at the max 120kbs as Sprint and Verizon go up to 800kbs (broadband). Sprint and Verizon just launched Rev A and it is quick! At&T and Tmobile are way behind the ball on their network speed, like 10 years behind!
    yeah that is why I said I rely heavily on my WIFI but tmobile next year will be doing a huge upgrade and not raising there prices so that is exciting. The only reason I have not switched to verizon is because I want a GSM phone or I would switch verizon I think they are an excellent cell provider compared to the others.. well accept tmobile of course and I 100% realize tmobile is not the carrier to go with if you want a fast network for internet that is why I went went with my WIFI PDA.. It made awhole lot more sense to trade in my blackberry pearl for my tmobile dash since the pearl relys on the network for internet connection

P.s. Sprint having big financial issues and all types of other things so ( Not to mention everytime you call sprints customer service you get someone that doesnt understand a word you are telling them, it is like they hired an elementrys school to outsource there customer service ) .. I think I would totally go with verizon over sprint if I was looking for a network with a lightning fast connection.

Verizon rules!
    Thanks,
    Jacob