Thread: Does the "date of production" text take away from a video?

Camper than a row of tents

Does the "date of production" text take away from a video?

With the date of production appearing in more and more videos with the 2257 statement, I started to wonder if this could hurt the video as it gets older.

I for one would like to see this displayed as roman numerals. That way surfers aren't as easily let on to the fact that the content might be dated. If you watch at the end of TV shows, this is what they do.
    I post here to whore this sig.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Date of production has been required since 2257 went into effect in 1995. Older content published or reprinted has to have a statement saying it was produced prior to 7/3/1995. If there are videos out there without production dates or statements of exemption, that's pretty scary.

As far as roman numerals, I've only seen it used for the year, as in MMVII for 2007. I've never seen anyone put a month and date in roman numerals. I think it would look a little strange:

Dates of production: IV/MMVII, XI/MCMXCVIII, VIII/MM, XI/MMIII, II/MCMXCIX

And I don't know about most people, but I can read a roman numeral of a year on production credits almost as fast as standard numeric notation, so it seems kind of pointless to me.

Gay is the new Black
    Good content is good content regardless of the date

You may have video purists who want up to date video but if you have a pool of 100 people and 2 of the 100 request modern content only, this doesn't reflect on the entire pool.

Something I hear a lot of is people changing their format based on a rather small % of requests and retell the story with the wording "a lot of requests"

It's hard to juxtapose mainstream with adult but you will find many "classic" movies that continue to do well. And will as time goes on.
    Be Who You Are!

CamCruise
    If anyone worries that the date of production printed on the DVD will hurt the video. Then, at least they have bad cover art.

Camper than a row of tents
    I should have said I was talking more about teaser promo clips.

Not many people can read the more complicated year roman numeral. I'm sure a lot of people have problems with I through X for that matter.

I think there probably is a negative psychological effect to a certain extent in watching promo vids when none of them being shown have a recent date.
    I post here to whore this sig.