Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Just Me Or Is This Rude....

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Is It Just Me Or Is This Rude....

So we're having a group of friends over on Saturday for a cookout (weather permitting) and last night, one of the people we invited turned around and told us that she had invited 2 of her friends (without even asking us).

Both Gary and I were taken back by this because we'd never contemplate inviting someone a host didnt know without at least speaking to them first about it.

Are we just being a little to over-sensitive about this or was it exceptionally rude?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    certainly inconsiderate, and yeah I'd call it rude. Now if it had been me, I'd have smiled and said oh that's nice, and then handed them a bill... to cover the food and booze, then ask if there would be any other additions to their party at the chez all you can eat restaurant & disco.. :cheekymonkey:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Rude! Not classy either!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Gay is the new Black
    It's rude in that the event is a intimate gathering between friends and that her outreach to others without per-approval or consideration to the hosts is overstepping the bounds of an adult social.

This sort of thing flies within the high school and college party but I highly doubt this event to be of such caliber.

I would simply relay your disappointment with a stiff, but professional "I apologize if this puts you in an awkward position and assumed the event to be open ended, but we have chosen to maintain the intimate atmosphere of our private gathering and request that you withdraw your extended invitation"
    Be Who You Are!

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    Was this a fully hosted cookout or did the guests bring dishes as well. If they had asked, it probably would not have been a problem. If chairs are involved or real silverware is used, then it shows a real lack of raising.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    Was this a fully hosted cookout or did the guests bring dishes as well. If they had asked, it probably would not have been a problem. If chairs are involved or real silverware is used, then it shows a real lack of raising.
    Oh trust me, id never think about having guests bring anything with them LOL

Thanks folks, glad to see we werent just over-reacting

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    The polite thing for the guest to do would be to call and decline (assuming this was an unexpected guest that were obligated to entertain) giving you the option to add a couple more guests to your group.

Gay is the new Black
    The more I think on it, it seems like one of those situations of "well I wanted to hang out with them but I also wanted to hang out with you and I didn't think it was going to be that much of an issue and ... "
    Be Who You Are!

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    So what did you do about it?
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Yes that's very rude.

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    IMO it depends on how good of friends you are with the person that invited the unknown guests. If it was a really close friend, I assume they know you pretty well and know whether or not you'd get along with them. If thats the case I'd say it's just dumb.

On the other hand if it's not that close a friend, and they invited someone else I agree, definitely rude. Either way it's a dumb idea. How hard is it to pull out their phone and call/ask you?

--Chubbs

scwebmaster
    This happens all the time when I have a party. Towards the end of the party you realise that you have fed and boozed people that you have no clue who they are.

Next time, I think I'm going to hide the Bombay and Grey Goose for friends and put out the cheat plastic bottle crap for everyone else. It may sound cheap but why the hell should I spend by hard earned money on inconsiderate bastards.
    Brian H.

Affiliate Relations / Advertising
    AIM: FinelineBrian

I'm always fine when people say they're bringing friends.. the more the merrier. Besides, I love meeting new people.

I always make too much food and buy too much booze anyway.

Unless it's one of the parties where I invite Fratmen and there's no way to make too much food. FUCK those boys can eat.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Gotta agree with ya there. Even more amazing, the twink models we work with... these guys are 5'11 and weigh 135 pounds or something but I've never seen ANYONE go through as much food so quickly as as those boys do.