Thread: I am NOT the custodian of records for curious cash

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

I am NOT the custodian of records for curious cash

Although I am listed as such.

I have not had any professional dealings with Curious Cash since 2005, but I just discovered that they are using MY name as the custodian of records, in a location I have never been, and they are using my name as a testimonial to their 2257 compliance. I have emailed the webmaster to request that my name be removed.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Silvercash Toni
    wow! that is some crazy shit...I'm sure it will get fixed

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercash Toni View Post
    wow! that is some crazy shit...I'm sure it will get fixed
    Don't be so sure. Curious Cash has seemed to be taking a low profile on the gay boards lately. I've sensed some strange things going on with them the past year. They used to be very active on the boards but you never hear of them anymore.

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...searchid=77525

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Yikes!

Check this

http://www.curiouscash.com/affiliate2257.php#3

my read of the above statement is that they have not changed anything on any of their websites since 6/22/2005! I can't imagine a customer is going to be happy joining a site that has never updated in over 2 years.

If you read CuriousCash's longwinded 2257 statement (which does not at all address the new proposed regs of 4472/2257A, and assumes the Sundance decision is alive and well, which it is arguably not), it sounds like they're saying you can use anything on any of their sites because it was published prior to 6/22/05.

I'd be really careful. Perhaps Lindsey or Tim will come and clarify.

Xstr8guy
    Why would they be worried about 2257 or 4472 anyways. Aren't they an Australian-based company?

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    I know this is not exactly what you are talking about but since its a curious cash thread, I thought I'd chime in. Recently they sent me a message saying they no longer pay by check and needed me to let them know how I would like to be payed. They gave me 3 options and I chose a bank wire. I responded to their email 5 times before ever hearing back. Felt a little weird and now hearing this it seems they are not "on the ball" like they use to be. Just my 2 cents.

--Chubbs

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Since I have not gotten any reply I have started informing their processors. I never agreed on terms to be their Custodian of Records, but it appears they went ahead and put me down anyway. Not cool.

I admit I feel a little stupid for not checking on their websites for 2 whole years but still -- putting someone's name on your 2257 form without actually hiring them for the job????
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Why would they be worried about 2257 or 4472 anyways. Aren't they an Australian-based company?
    Well, they are Australian as far as I know, but they claim to be based in Singapore. And they apparently have a lot of US affiliates, or at least you'd think by their lengthy discussion about 2257 in their webmaster section.