Thread: CCbill Content Delivery Network

Xstr8guy

CCbill Content Delivery Network

Has anyone considered or tried Cave Creek's (CCbill owned) Content Delivery Network?

http://www.cavecreek.com/cc_delivery_serv.html

It is an intriguing idea and might speed up content delivery to members in other countries. And it seems like it would offload some strain/bandwidth on your main server.

Does anyone know what it costs or if it actually works?

Since no one is responding, I am going to bump this with some info. And shameless sales.
    These objects both test at twice as fast or better for delivery compared to their current servers.
    Sample Video via our CDN
    Sample Object from UKNakedMen via our CDN

The Cavecreek Network is actually powered by Level 3 - and if you know Level 3, you can imagine the reach and the capacity.
    Some of the industry leaders figured out the value of CDN a few years ago - like Maleflixxx - and look at what they deliver. Cost-wise it is about the same as quality bandwidth - and lowers your bandwidth use on your servers. Kind of a cost 'shift'.

Two options available:
    1) Try it yourself - contact me for a test. I have a script that will run a comparison with any object on your sites - and compare the speed of delivery between the CDN and your own servers.
    2) Set-up a test on a portion of your site, like your tours. Judge for yourself. Plus the turn-up is as easy as a DNS and URL change.

Reality is as much as we would like to have everyone use our service - I wouldn't care if it was us or another CDN, as long as our industry is taking advantage of this to drive revenue for the business and stay ahead of the market.

Anyone else actually using any of the other CDNs out there?
    Gary
    CCBill

Xstr8guy
    Hello Jax. We have contacted someone at CCbill about your CDN. But I do have one question for you. What does "Level 3" mean?

Xstr8guy
    Btw. that sample video isn't working.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Level 3 is a major Internet backbone provider, like ATT, Sprint, Global Crossing, etc. They are known as one of the better providers, and they own both large amounts of fiber around the US plus a bunch of data centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Btw. that sample video isn't working.
    Odd - i sent it to three others and it works. It is a download.

As Chip mentioned - Level 3 is one of the larger Internet backbones out there, and the cool thing that it brings to a delivery network is their ability to continue to expand into the corners of the globe, as our audiences grow.
    Sorry - I have been dealing with Internet for so long, I forget to keep it in English sometimes.
    Gary
    CCBill