Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a our first gay site reviewed.

jkfc

Check It Out Need a our first gay site reviewed.

Hi there every one.

We have build a new site and we would like to know what you guys think of it and if you would promote it as gay webmaster.

http://www.gaypounding.com our first gay site

the first page you wont find when promoting it with your affiliate url, so don't need any comment on that. every els is very welcome.

Thanks you guys and gals. :fracais:

Well, the tour is nicely designed but I am confused on a couple things. While webmaster links would bypass the warning page, your alt tag on the enter says enter asian pounding. That's going to hurt your relevancy for the domain url, I'd change it to say exactly the name of your domain, gaypounding, not asian pounding.

On your join page -- it's saying I'd be joining GirlGirl Lounge??? Shouldn't that say YOUR domain name? What are the other 20 sites? Are they gay sites? I'd show something of those sites to build up the value aspect for membership, either text names or perhaps a table of screenshots from them ... don't link off to them, but represent them in some manner.

too generic for me. if this site is about gay pounding, pounding generally means fucking hard, then where is the text about the pounding? why are there so many oral pics and pics where the dick is barely in? on page two, there are solo pics - and VERY old solo pics, at that. no pounding at all.

the design isn't bad, although it's not exciting, but the text and lack of any theme whatsoever are a total turnoff to me. i would never send traffic to a site like this. imo, you should pay someone to pick out which pics go on the tour, and pay someone to write relevent text.

most of the text on this site is so generic, you could put it on a site of ANY niche and theme and it would apply. that is not how i sell memberships, nor is it the type of text on any sites that really convert.

jonjayw
    :umm: can't add much to what the ladies have said -- I agree it needs FOCUS based on the intent of the domain both in the short (possible too short) tour and, for sure, within its main content -- both pictorial and editorial. With specific action as a theme broaden the appeal with samples from a wide range of types -- twinks, hunks, bears, black-white, etc. etc. They all fuck!

Based upon what you're teasing with I'd bet the content isn't up to snuff. Give 'em what you say you'll give 'em or they ain't taking the bait -- and if they do and don't find it inside you're going to get lots of $2.95/$35.95 and OUT!

And, for sure those 20 other sites better be Gay or you'll have complaints like mad. No Gay guy's joining to get access to a pussy site.

Camper than a row of tents
    Hopefully you were planning on your target audiance being surfers who don't know any better, because that's what you've ended up with.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    JKFC,

Your site is nicely designed as Bec mentioned however, in all honesty 'general' gay niche sites dont do well for many people these days that being said, lets take a look at the tour and see how it can be improved upon.

http://www.gaypounding.com/tour1/index.html

IMHO, whilst the design is different, the content being used on the tour is pretty much overused by almost every affiliate program out there, you have some sets being used from Ounique and Fresh Gay Photos and whilst both providers do have some exceptional content a lot of it is old so when choosing content to utilize on your tours you should try to grab it as soon as you see an annoucement from a provider (Don from Ounique posts every few weeks when they update on GWW so that would be the ideal time to get fresh content on your tours).

Also the text on this tour page seems to be of a more general nature and, as someone else mentioned, the domain name eems to imply fucking yet the content on the tour all implies oral for the most part, you might want to consider changing out a few of the pics to match them more closly with the text or, vice versa.

Again wwith the text, it all seems to be be to general, i can go to any site and find 14k hardcore videos, but tell me you have 14k videos of a specific niche, you have me hooked as a buyer

http://www.gaypounding.com/tour1/index2.html

Again, as with the first tour page, a great design layout however, again, the text itself being used on the ite doesnt do it justice, i now have the feeling you were aiming for a general gay hardcore site however, if you look at the images used on this tour page, you could actually have a very nice 'ass' niche paysite.

Also as with the first tour page, the content is from Ounique and a couple of the other providers, as mentioned when going with some of the major content providers for use on tour pages it is generally best to use their latest sets as oppose to stuff that has been IMHO overused a thousand times before. Thats not to negate the quality of the content that has been used btw, its high quality stuff and its good to see you have purchased it from reputable providers instead of a provider that gives you 100 pics in a set of the same guy undressing

Once more on the text, '+ dating and games' does absolutely nothing for me, what type of dating? What type of games? i can get dating from just about any gay paysite as ith the games, tell the surfer wats unique about your site and youll do well but if you only tell them the basics, your site will fail.

http://www.gaypounding.com/tour1/join.html

I like the join page a lot, many paysites forget that the join page in itself is also a sales page however, that said, the text needs to be improved, 'thousands of pictures' + 'tons of movies' does nothing for me from a sales point of view, tell me that you have thousands of twink, bear, hunk, studs pictures and movies, or whatever nich you want to target the site to and ill join but not unless i kno exactly what i am paying for.

One other thing i notice on the join page is the cost, $35.95 IMHO is to expensive from sales figures i have seen your ideal pricing range for a 'general' gay site should be between $20 and $30 no more than that otherwise the surfer ill go to a site they know about already such as Badpuppy.

Overall the design and concept is nice however, i you want this site to work well you should try to at least have the images fit into a specific niche, as i mentioned adding some text to the second page about 'asses' may work for you and in all honesty a good gay ass site is needed

Hope this helps and dont get to dis-heartened by the constructive critisms in this thread you already have a great designer doing the work for you now you just need to work on the sales pitch and site focus and youll be onto a winner with this site

Regards,

Lee

On a positive note, I think your picture quality in the tour is great, very clear and high quality...but I do agree with what others have said here, it does not do much to tempt me to buy a membership, sorry!

cheers,
    Luke

jkfc
    Thanks every one for info on the site. And yes we have to correct some things on the site. Plus the last site is a copy of another site. We are also not bringing the site out yet. The members area is mainly filled with with hardcore gay fucking that's why we called the site gay pounding. I have to see that Lee has really hepl me out, thank you. We have a look at all of this and change some things. O yeah the design is made by steve and i have to say he makes great site so thought it would not be this bad as i hear you all talk. of course are you all just a small part of larger group.

Seems To be much harder to run a gay site then a normal straight site.

:fracais: thanks you all

steve's a great designer, but like any designer, his thing is not text writing - it's design. he doesn't have the time to study every single niche he might ever make a site for.

if you need specific text written, you should probably hire someone who knows the niche or someone who can do a little research and writes professionally.

manquest
    I must agree with all the comments so far. You really neat to work on pulling your specific niche into the site and get away from the general site tour.

One thing I noticed immediately was that "Hey I've seen this before!" and I am not talking about the overused older Ounique content. I am talking about the site design. A new graphic with your site's name in the title graphic cell and a few other places. I have seen this very same design on several sites. It wouldn't take you but a short period of time to find them also by searching and visiting TWINK sites. That the problem with using some site design companies -- they just crank out site after site from standard templates. If you are going to pay for a site design -- DEMAND it be ORIGINAL and for use on YOUR site only.

I'd put them back to work on your site design or demand a FULL REFUND!

If pressed I will post the urls of the sites currently using this very same design with absolutely the same graphics and text (with only minor changes) for you to see -- but you can find them simple enough.

Scorpio
    Manquest, please i would love to see the sites you're talking about and accusing me of copying!
    Those sites are cookie cutters! of course you'll see similarities in all of those. Didn't have to go to Harvard to figure that one out

To set the record straight. This site was not copied from anywhere... and even if it lacks of originality... this site is 100% original and it was also completely FREE! The pictures i had to work with didn't have anything to do with "hard ass fucking" so i had to do with what i got.

Check webinc for example and tell me if the designs all look different

Manquest, you just have 1 post so before accusing someone of copying, please know the person and the facts before talking.

Scorpio
    Originally posted by basschick
    steve's a great designer, but like any designer, his thing is not text writing - it's design. he doesn't have the time to study every single niche he might ever make a site for.

if you need specific text written, you should probably hire someone who knows the niche or someone who can do a little research and writes professionally.
    Thank you Basschick Appreciate that... I agree, the text/writtings in not my Forte... that's why i ask clients to give me the text. And i also make a site per the client's request and the clients' pictures... i can't make miracles when there is a lack of materials from the beginning.

Scorpio
    Oh my god, i copied the player from there at the bottom:
    http://www.bluedesignstudios.com/Por...lfs/index.html

FUCK... the little polaroid thingy there http://webinc.com/portfolio/websites/maximumanal/ i stole it too!!! i'm a bad bad bad designer.

Oh and i'm pretty sure i stole the same font from that same page too... yep, i'm a thief.

No one was bashing Steve's design. And a designer can only work with the material the client provides. I know I've had to really push hard on some people to send, or go buy, appropriate content for the site niche/domain url. I'm sure a few around here will verify that!

My gut reaction to your post Manquest, seeing as it's your first one to this board, and not even a "howdy, I'm new", suggests a personal beef with Steve and you've opted for this method to air it publicly. You've also made some pretty harsh accusations, and really haven't provided anything to substantiate your claims. If I'm wrong, I appologize ... but I don't think I am too far off base with that gut feeling.

I'm sure Steve will work with JKFC as his schedule permits ... but seeing as this was a freebie design ... asking for a refund, etc won't be forthcoming.

jkfc - why not give steve some pics of hard pounding so he can do your site justice?

Scorpio - just so you and others know: <self-promotion>i write text for sites at reasonable rates if you ever get anyone who needs text written. i also do research and pic selection at reasonable rates.</self-promotion>