Thread: Disappearing Index Pages? - Help Request

Disappearing Index Pages? - Help Request

Hey Guys,

Have any of you ever run into this one?

I built a gallery, uploaded it, checked it by going through and ensuring the banners etc were in place. Then returned to it the following day to find that two of the 40 index pages were only showing partial data and 1 was showing nothing at all.

I did a 'view source' on the ones that were partial and half the code was missing... However when I pulled up that page to view it using FTP and CuteHTML the full code was on the page. I resaved it and refreshed my browser and back it came to normal.

I'm confused ... any suggestions or comments ?

Thanks
    Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    First, have you tried another browser when you ran into this problem? Perhaps your cache or something is messed up with the browser you are using. If it happens with more than 1 browser, I would contact your host to see if there are more serious issues on your system.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Quote Originally Posted by nicedreams View Post
    First, have you tried another browser when you ran into this problem? Perhaps your cache or something is messed up with the browser you are using. If it happens with more than 1 browser, I would contact your host to see if there are more serious issues on your system.

Jimmy

Yep Same issues in both Firefox, IE6 & IE7

Contacting server company now

thx
    Dave
    Domain inventory sale.

It may have been a bad upload to begin with, but that would only explain things if you did not check it on the first day, but then found the error upon returning. The only other explanation I can think of is if you have a script running that automatically updates your pages. If you don't, then it sounds like someone else may! Get your host to check the log files and do some investigation, make sure to scan your server for rootkits and suss scripts. Make sure the permissions on your files and directories are not too lose. Finally, make sure all other scripts running on your server are secure and updated.

Good luck!