Thread: More Thieves

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

More Thieves

I had to battle against gaytorrent dot ru because they had illegally uploaded content on their site. They were hosted in Germany but I made enough noise to the right people and today their website has this message:

Due to a Hardware Crash we're temporary down.

Instead of waiting for our Provider to fix that, we're leaving to another country ( NL )
    We're back in Approximatly 48 hours on even Faster Machines!!

Don't stop your Torrents.. leave your Clients ONLINE.. so we dont loose our content

I like taking down content thieves! Too bad the fuckers just keep popping right back up.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Gay is the new Black
    I think this will be their 3rd move
    Be Who You Are!

Where is our Super Sleuth Squirt to provide the sordid history of this accused den of iniquity and content thievery?

I love it the way Squirt can provide every host and every registrar for just about any given site in under 2 minutes [when he is online of course!]

If this site goes back online Monday, I guess I have to go on the offensive with them again. I was planning to take Monday off from fighting for the good guys and do domestic chores, lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Chad,

Have you talked to the .ru domain registry to see if you can get their domain name revoked? Some registrars will terminate rights to a domain name if the domain is consistently used for illegal activities (such as copyright infringement through file sharing.)

There are decreasing returns to going after pirates, especially ones that are located in various parts of the world, trying to hide and not having much to hide in the first place. I work by the hour so the cost continues to rise as I dig deeper into any situation.
    Titan has streamlined their process and have really put a dent into piracy of their works and put some pirates in a world of hurt. Other producers choose to get stolen videos taken down and not pursue the matter any further. In this case, getting illegal content down was the goal and that has happened. Maybe a bit like GHW Bush not sending forces all the way to Bagdad in 1991 eh?

This is what will make the piracy seminar at GAYVN interesting.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com