Thread: Frame web sites and I.E 7.0

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar

I Wonder? Frame web sites and I.E 7.0

HI All, we did this site a few years ago www.ppiservices.com.au
    it has not been touched since etc and all of a sudden the clients having complaints from people using I.E 7.0 (6.0 is ok) eg when you click on the links they are opening up in the same left window etc
    Why though ! Anyone clever ?

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com

Xstr8guy
    In your links in the left frame you need to set your target_ frame.

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    ok thanks someone else said that but im wondering why it is not working in ie7 but has been in ie6 for the last 2 years etc etc

Dzinerbear
    Try googling ie7 frames, you'll find a number of issues. I quickly found this one:

"A feature dating back to the Internet's HTML 3.0 era is causing problems for Internet Explorer 7, forcing Microsoft to issue an update for Windows Vista just one day after its public launch. Web sites using frames causes IE7's phishing filter to evaluate the page multiple times simultaneously, leading to high CPU usage.

Microsoft encourages anyone experiencing this issue, which might not be obvious except to knowledgeable computer users, to download the update. A patch for IE7 on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 will arrive during February's Patch Tuesday next week, although a direct download is available now from the Knowledge Base article."

But I found other issues regarding frames.

Michael

Thanks for that, thanks Mr Gates too !