Thread: are you protected ?

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

are you protected ?

so... if you did a deal with a webmaster, split the proceeds of a site 50/50 . and you were exclusively using a third party processor ( epoch. ccbill etc )
    could you still get ripped off on memberships by your partner ? :eek:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    well... it comes to mind that if someone really *wanted* to, there are a bunch of ways they could rip you off, in the same way a sponsor would rip an affiliate.

Send sales to an alternate processor when traffic is arriving from certain regions, set up an alternate merchant account and siphon a small portion of traffic to that, assign a portion of direct sales to a nonexistent affiliate, etc.

I guess my feeling is that if you don't completely trust the person you're doing the deal with, you shouldn't do it.

Gay is the new Black
    Pak Chooie Unf!
    Be Who You Are!

are you talking about 50% revshare, or of receiving 50% of all profits for a site in a split through ccbill?

There are always ways partners can rip you off. Only partner with people you trust, ensure both partners have 100% access to biller stats, site stats plus the site itself, plus sign a legally binding agreement. That will help minimise your risk.

that or a script that enters the site at random intervals through a regular affiliate link and checks the join page

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    There are always ways partners can rip you off. Only partner with people you trust, ensure both partners have 100% access to biller stats, site stats plus the site itself, plus sign a legally binding agreement. That will help minimise your risk.

I've tried telling a friend splitting profits with a major program some of these things... is there a way we can test and show skimming is involved?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    For every program that can't be hacked, there is a hacker that can hack it.

For every partnership, there are ways to fuck over and steal from the other partner.

Have you noticed that many big companies in this industry are owned by one person ? or by spouses?

Or that few "partnerships" survive more than a couple of years?
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    It would be a 50/50 split thru cc bill. I am looking for partners to handle my video store and possible paysites, just examining the pratfalls before I take the plunge. :luke: Our first Asian Title "Like White on Rice " debuted at # 1 on the JRL asian Charts :-)

I was thinking I'd use x cart for the store and cc bill for the paysites . I can also add the miamistudios librbary to my store and I am in negociations with several smaller studios as well :-) any thoughts/suggestions/indecent proposals ?