Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet video

BDBionic

Sweet video

Sigur Ros

Click on the second video from the top (višrar vel til loftįrįsa music video) with the kid holding the doll. Sigur Ros is one of my favorite bands and I absolutely love that video. Not sure it'd ever been posted here before so I figured I'd share it with you all. It makes me sniffle a tad bit. It's just a beautiful vid that just tugs at the old heart strings.
    Last edited by BDBionic; 05-08-2004 at 11:51 PM.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Definately a good music video.. very 'coming of age'

Regards,

Lee

Chris Alan
    Love the music. Watched a few of the vids. Very deep.

CA

Xstr8guy
    Beautiful

Jasun
    Funny.. that's my favorite song from that album.. I had no idea there was a video for it.

That whole album is just stunning. Both of their albums are, actually.. and that's coming from a card-carrying metal snob such as myself. And I might add that they're rather amazing live, too... I've been lucky enough to see them twice.

Jasun
    duh.. double post..

BDBionic
    Jasun likes Sigur Ros... your stock just went way up

Awesome video ... first I've heard of the group

Jason
    i need to be culturally educated and severly broaden my horizons...i'm putting jasun and brian in charge....feel free to delegate any categories you may feel better suited to someone else. you're on boys :whip:

AusCoding Allan
    I'd never heard that song or watched that video, but...

I listened to just the music first while I was doing other work. The music made me cry, I don't often get emotional but it honestly made me sob.

Then I watched the video and I got all choked up. Some people don't seem to understand that people can be different to themselves and that it is completely ok.

Allan

BDBionic
    Allan,
    a lot of their songs still get that kinda reaction outta me. they invoke some serious emotion and feeling. there are times, when listening to their music, that I find myself stopping everything that I'm doing cuz I just have to focus on the music. as the song builds and builds I get all anxious and can't do anything else until i've listened to it through.
    i was playing it at the office yesterday at my desk at several of the guys I work with were like "Who is that?! That's amazing!"
    Definitely check them out more. There are several songs to download off their site and in this day and age of downloading music I can say about them that their albums are 2 of the best albums you could buy out there.
    I think it's only fitting that music that brings out such emotion is put to videos that do the same. They managed to do in a music video what a lot of feature length films never get around to doing. Really getting you to feel emotion, care about the characters. The video brought back so many memories for me. Full on tear-jerker! The first video on that page is also pretty heavy.
    Last edited by BDBionic; 05-11-2004 at 06:11 AM.

Jasun
    Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    I listened to just the music first while I was doing other work. The music made me cry, I don't often get emotional but it honestly made me sob.
    Man, if that song gave you that reaction over the internet, buy that album, turn out the lights, and hear the full length version turned out loud. That song is my favorite on the album (it's called "Agetis Bryjun" and the song is track 7), but the whole album is just stunning. It's one of my favorite make out albums. The second album is called "(.)" of all things, and it's also really good.

If you liked that, there's a Norwegian band called "Star of Ash" who are really cool too, and try checking out the last two records by The Gathering called "Black Light District" and "Souveniers".

Sorry... Am I information overloading again?

BDBionic
    Although they're frenchies, I believe, they're still north of the (our) border...
    Godspeed! You Black Emperor is some good shit. Alot of their songs are extremely powerful as well.

Jasun
    Well, B, looks like it's you and me who are gonna be the "Queer Eye" music guys around here.

oh, and I posted a link to my old band from years ago in the "No Labels No Limits" forum... you know... if anybody wants to check it out...

BDBionic
    Ahh... I'm listening to višrar vel til loftįrįsa right now 8) I love coming in to the office early (6am today) to have the place to myself while I work and listen to my music.

I'll have to give your band a peek. *goes to check*